Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Does that mean I am just being mean?
Nah, just strong willed and opinionated if it makes you mean so be it
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Does that mean I am just being mean?
yeah ... and what do you mean losing all of his biggest fights?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
or better yet...do they have a rehab for fighters who are best known for losing all of their biggest fights?
LOL, ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
I can answer this...

HOF/future HOF boxers who beat DLH: Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosley - twice, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Manny Pacquiao.

DLH's only wins against HOF/future HOF boxers were an injured Julio Cesar Chavez (who suffered a cut during training and DLH reopened it during the fight causing a stoppage) and Arturo Gatti (whom DLH defeated very decisively with a 5th round TKO).
Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, ouch!

I can answer this...

HOF/future HOF boxers who beat DLH: Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosley - twice, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Manny Pacquiao.

DLH's only wins against HOF/future HOF boxers were an injured Julio Cesar Chavez (who suffered a cut during training and DLH reopened it during the fight causing a stoppage) and Arturo Gatti (whom DLH defeated very decisively with a 5th round TKO).
well pernell whitaker should be in the HoF, even before gatti ... i think he won the trinidad fight (not that my opinion counts), many thought he beat floyd and mosley was juiced both times they fought ... manny destroyed him, yes and so did bhop ... but both of them were favourites ...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
well pernell whitaker should be in the HoF, even before gatti ... i think he won the trinidad fight (not that my opinion counts), many thought he beat floyd and mosley was juiced both times they fought ... manny destroyed him, yes and so did bhop ... but both of them were favourites ...
Well, regardless of how you want to interpret or bend it, the record books shows he lost virtually all of his big fights.

And I agree with you on Whitaker, my bad for overlooking that. His record was amazing up to the point he faced DLH - 40-1-1. After he faced DLH, he went 0-3 (he also had 1 NC). 40-4-1, 1 NC all-time.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Well, regardless of how you want to interpret or bend it, the record books shows he lost virtually all of his big fights.

And I agree with you on Whitaker, my bad for overlooking that. His record was amazing up to the point he faced DLH - 40-1-1. After he faced DLH, he went 0-3 (he also had 1 NC). 40-4-1, 1 NC all-time.
he also won titles in 6 different categories .... and beat a lot of champs .. i don't hink you are saying he is garbage, but i am saying, is went out and fought anyone and everyone ....
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
he also won titles in 6 different categories .... and beat a lot of champs .. i don't hink you are saying he is garbage, but i am saying, is went out and fought anyone and everyone ....
No, I always enjoyed watching DLH's fights, I'm just in agreement with JB that DLH's record is pretty soft and he struggled to pull the trigger against elite opponents.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Rockdawg hit the nail on the head....

Pacquiao, Mayweather, Hopkins, Trinidad, and Mosley twice.

Sure, he beat Whitaker, Chavez, Camacho, and accomplished enough in the sport to surely be in the hall of fame, but the fights he lost are still more memorable to fans than the fights he won.

Last edited by J.B.; 06-02-2011 at 02:59 PM.