Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yay!! Good job, Ben. I know you had to earn it, that it wasn't just given to you.

~Amy
It was completely out of the blue. I have actually been out with a staph infection for about the last 2-3 weeks. He stopped class in the middle of drilling the armbar from guard & said he had an announcement. I assumed it was gonna be about the new location we'l be moving to, but instead he called me up in front of everyone. Pretty sure I was blushing up there!

The coolest part is that I set a personal goal about a week or so ago that I wanted to compete 3 times in 2011 & get my blue belt by this time next year. Pretty cool to already be one step closer!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
It was completely out of the blue. I have actually been out with a staph infection for about the last 2-3 weeks. He stopped class in the middle of drilling the armbar from guard & said he had an announcement. I assumed it was gonna be about the new location we'l be moving to, but instead he called me up in front of everyone. Pretty sure I was blushing up there!

The coolest part is that I set a personal goal about a week or so ago that I wanted to compete 3 times in 2011 & get my blue belt by this time next year. Pretty cool to already be one step closer!
Congrats Ben, that's awesome! You're well on your way!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Congratulations, Ben! Nice picture.

I'll have to keep that one in mind for future 'shops...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Congratulations, Ben! Nice picture.

I'll have to keep that one in mind for future 'shops...
O geez, what have I done????
Old 06-04-2011, 07:26 PM
BamaGrits84

So glad to be home! 3 days in the hospital with my son has been hard.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 PM

Oh no, what happened, Bama? Is he OK? If you're home, hopefully that's good news??

Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh no, what happened, Bama? Is he OK? If you're home, hopefully that's good news??
Appendix. Very unexpected (I guess with the appendix it always is). Took him to the doctor Thursday morning with what I thought was maybe a virus or food poisoning. a few lab test, an ultra sound, a CT and 12 hours later he was in surgery.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Appendix. Very unexpected (I guess with the appendix it always is). Took him to the doctor Thursday morning with what I thought was maybe a virus or food poisoning. a few lab test, an ultra sound, a CT and 12 hours later he was in surgery.
Thank goodness you took him in on Thursday! Is he home and recovering? Will send some prayers your way.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Not only is it very quick, its also very painful.

We were on holiday when I got appendicitis. It started the night after a big storm which gave our whole caravan park a black out next day I felt ill. my parents assumed I had sickness. That was Monday...it continued tuesday, Wednessday...thursday...Thursday night we were driving near overstrand and she could see I was really sick then...Yes she claims that people with Appendicitis are in real pain and dont just say they feel unwell...but I have an extremely high painthreshold for physical pain...so I thought I'd just torn a muscle or something

Friday, Mother went shopping for shoes with my Sisters in cromer...whilst my Father took me to a local doctors. It took him about two mins to tell us to go to Norwich Hospital...and that night I went in to have it removed...the Doctor had to stop after making the incision (they use key hole now...but back then they litterally sliced your entire gut open ) he had to call in expert advise on how to procceed since the whole thing was so inflamed he wasnt sure what was what anymore

He said im lucky it hadnt blown on the Thursday...coz Ironically once the Appendix blows it feels better...but then of course all the poisen and stuff is in the body and people usually die if that happens

He also said due to its state I must have had a history with what they call "grumbling Appendicitis" where it flares up but isnt likely to pop...well...I couldnt tell you that...it obviously wasnt grumbling loud enough to get my attention LMAO
Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 PM
BamaGrits84

3 weeks and 1 day of pain relief after a 2nd epidural and this morning i wake up in agony. I'm so disappointed! Next Tuesday I'll probably get a referral to a surgeon and I really don't want to take that road but I'm sick of the pain and not knowing when it might force me to put life on hold. No one every wants to face back surgery, especially not when your still in your 20s.