Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, it's the same as SW always calling Anderson "Andy" or BJ "Baby". It's a passive-aggressive attempt to belittle the fighter based on word-association rather than facts & arguments.
LMAO.. So true..
Old 05-27-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
It's a passive-aggressive attempt to belittle the fighter based on word-association rather than facts & arguments.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I for one am sick of spending money on PPV in hopes of seeing GSP get beat just for him to never lose via the most boring decisions ever. I didn't even stay up for all of the Shields fight it was so boring. Fitch has nothing better to offer because he has something to lose and won't fight aggressively enough to make for a good fight. I have to say Diaz is the only hope I have for GSP being in an exciting match anytime soon. I don't think Diaz is going to scared and I think he would toss a game plan in a minute for a brawl. Most people won't do that with GSP because they are afraid of him out smarting them even in a slug fest. I'm not the biggest fan of Diaz but I think he is the person with the skills and mind set needed to force GSP to get away from the highly technical game plans he comes out with that only create boring wins. I think Diaz can get some good shots in and stun GSP then Diaz will pounce. When was the last time GSP gut put under a firestorm of fist he couldn't get out of? I think Diaz can do that to him.
I'm a GSP fan, and I approve this post, lol. I don't begrudge the guy for winning the way he has, but I really do want to see him taken into deep water & find out how he reacts. He needs to pull out a big finishing win from behind to get the Serra KO monkey off his back.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's the same as SW always calling Anderson "Andy" or BJ "Baby". It's a passive-aggressive attempt to belittle the fighter based on word-association rather than facts & arguments.
I still cant see how calling Fitch, Finch would be in any way funny or disrespectful?
Old 05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I still cant see how calling Fitch, Finch would be in any way funny or disrespectful?
You can't see how calling a fighter a pretty bird would be disrespectful?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Chuck

Quote:
As if you've never done it.......................

Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
As if you've never done it.......................

What? I've never ever made fun of sarah or Fatty McGee!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
For awhile I thought it was Finch lmao...
Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
At first I thought it was spellcheck, but then I saw it was happening in every one of your posts in this thread. It's really hard to take you seriously when you can't even get a fighters name right. It is FITCH, not Finch lol. I could live with the error if it was a hard name to spell or something.
You know what, a long time ago I typed it a few times as FINCH by accident and ever since then its been automatic, its something I just can't seem to unlearn. Its a disorder I have had forever, I have to be extra careful when I meet someone otherwise im calling Mike Matt

People don't believe me you can just ask Mike. I been calling him Country Mike for ages now lol.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You know what, a long time ago I typed it a few times as FINCH by accident and ever since then its been automatic, its something I just can't seem to unlearn. Its a disorder I have had forever, I have to be extra careful when I meet someone otherwise im calling Mike Matt

People don't believe me you can just ask Mike. I been calling him Country Mike for ages now lol.
Haha it's all good man. I should have chose my words better, I didn't want to come off as an ass. So I'm sorry for that.