Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Brian Foster cleared to return to action

From MMATorch.com:

Quote:

UFC Welterweight Brian Foster has been cleared to return to action after a brain hemorrhage removed him from April's UFC 129 card.

The 27-year-old was scheduled to meet Sean Pierson on the card in Toronto, but a mandatory pre-fight MRI in Ontario found a damaged blood vessel that forced the commission to disallow his participation in the event. Jake Ellenberger stepped into his place, knocking Pierson out in the first round.

According to Josh Gross at ESPN.com, Foster met with doctors while in Las Vegas last month for the UFC Fighter Summit, and on Tuesday he was given his results by a neurologist. The consultation brought good news, and sent Foster to Twitter to express his relief.

"I feel great! It's time for me to truly show the UFC and the rest of the world that I am a complete fighter! I'm happy to be back!" Foster wrote.

Foster's manager Marc Fiore told Gross that Foster can take a fight as early as this weekend if the UFC called him.

Foster holds a 3-2 mark in the Octagon, and is riding a two fight win streak in the organization. Though he's been submitted by Rick Story and Chris Lytle, he holds very impressive stoppage victories over Brock Larson, Forrest Petz and, most recently, Matt Brown.

Link to Original Source Article

Penick's Analysis: That is great news. Foster's a very fun fighter to watch, and his removal from 129 was highly unfortunate for him. Now that the hemorrhage has healed and he's good to go, it will be great to see him back in action. Unlike a lot of other injuries, this didn't affect how in-shape he was or his readiness for a fight, so he should hopefully be able to hop back into the cage in the next month or so.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

I saw on his FB that he was ready. I'm so excited for him! He really is fun to watch.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 PM

GREAT news!

[