Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Are they about to start filming TUF 14? Why couldn't Dana wait and see if Chael gets his license approved in June--it's just around the corner?
He prolly wanted to lock in the sure thing rather than have to wait & possible have Jason or Michael get injured or something. I dunno, maybe he has inside info that the CSAC isn't done jerking Chael's chain around.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
He prolly wanted to lock in the sure thing rather than have to wait & possible have Jason or Michael get injured or something. I dunno, maybe he has inside info that the CSAC isn't done jerking Chael's chain around.
Hmmm...I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it, sounds very plausible. No offense to Jason Miller, but I think it would have been so much better with Chael. Not that I was really that excited for him to be paired against Bisping, but I think he would have brought a lot of color to the show.

I'm not interested in seeing a lot of the house stuff or stupid immature pranks. I want to see more of the guys training with their coaches and any "special" coaches they might bring in...stuff to do with the actual fights. For instance, I would have loved to see more of Matt teaching and helping to show the guys different moves when Brock brought him in.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I'm not interested in seeing a lot of the house stuff or stupid immature pranks. I want to see more of the guys training with their coaches and any "special" coaches they might bring in...stuff to do with the actual fights. For instance, I would have loved to see more of Matt teaching and helping to show the guys different moves when Brock brought him in.
That's where I'm at! I'm tired of the stupid stuff and want to see the training and fighting!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 PM
County Mike

Mayhem will make the season. He's also a bigger TV draw because of Bully Beatdown and his radio time on the Jason Ellis show.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:28 PM
3dlee

Huge Mayhem fan here checking in. Im calling him to win in a spectacular fashion against Bisping.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Im calling for someone to get injured or sick 4 weeks before the fight.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Allons-y

Mayhem's fight with Aaron Simpson has apparently been scrapped to make way for his coaching stint. I've got the article pulled up on my computer at home, but I can't remember the URL right now.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Mayhem's fight with Aaron Simpson has apparently been scrapped to make way for his coaching stint. I've got the article pulled up on my computer at home, but I can't remember the URL right now.
Ya I just read that. I'm sorry, but I think he should have to fight first before coming along to be on TUF. Fighting should come first then show biz. Can't wait for Bisping to give him a bad *ss fight...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM
BoneDoc

Doesn't matter to me who Bisping fights, was hoping it was Chael. Excited to see Mayhem back in UFC, love his energy. As long as Mayhem chokes his sorry butt out!!!! I will be happy to watch.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Allons-y

Found it:

Aaron Simpson Now Faces Brad Tavares at UFC 132 on July 2

Quote:

Because of “The Ultimate Fighter Season 14,” Aaron Simpson lost his original opponent Jason “Mayhem” Miller. That was a few short days ago, but he already has new opposition.

Former “Ultimate Fighter” competitor Brad Tavares has stepped in to face Simpson on the July 2 fight card at UFC 132 in Las Vegas. The UFC made the announcement about the switch late Monday night.

Tavares (7-0) fell short of winning the 11th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but bounced back strong winning his first two fights following his time on the show.

Most recently, Tavares dispatched of Phil Baroni back at UFC 125 in January. The young Hawaiian will now step in on just over a month’s notice to face Simpson.

The bout between Simpson and Tavares will remain on the preliminary portion of the show.