Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 05-26-2011, 06:34 PM
County Mike

I'm sure God can do it and he can probably make it look like some human did it, but I don't think any human can just choose to raise dead whenever he wants. I think he can even call on God's help all he wants but it's up to God. No human has the power on his own.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I'm sure God can do it and he can probably make it look like some human did it, but I don't think any human can just choose to raise dead whenever he wants. I think he can even call on God's help all he wants but it's up to God. No human has the power on his own.
I agree 100% They way you talked at first by lowering the power of God to "magical" made it sound like you did not believe God could or would do it. Glad to see you do in fact believe He can and does.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 PM
County Mike

Well, the question was "Can a Christian raise the dead?". To me, that answer is no. There are a bunch of fake religious healers and such, which is why I used the sarcastic word of "magic". I don't believe that any human, regardless of how strong their faith is, has the power to just raise the dead.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Well, the question was "Can a Christian raise the dead?". To me, that answer is no. There are a bunch of fake religious healers and such, which is why I used the sarcastic word of "magic". I don't believe that any human, regardless of how strong their faith is, has the power to just raise the dead.
yeah i see what you are saying. I just read the question with a little less cynicism. No human can do anything apart from the Holy Spirit and to claim anything else would be dead wrong. I guess I should have remebered who I was tlaking to and been more sarcastic in my thinking.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:57 AM
donaldbreland

Through Christ all things are possible. Without Christ nothing is. I never said nor thought that a human could raise the dead without God.