Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
I hope so too. this is more of a return to a lifestyle than a "change". We both had very athletic backgrounds that we put on hold to have 5 kids in 7 years. Our youngest is 4 now and we can start to think of ourselves again. My wife is an accomplished gymnist (and former miss washington) while I was a rescue swimmer in the Navy and competed in wrestling, judo and surfing into my mid 20's.
Dern hippies
Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dern hippies
you'd think but I actually grew up on a working cattle ranch in hawaii and my dad is a rodeo announcer.... a long haired cowboy for sure but he's still a cowboy. As david alan coe said "my long hair just cant cover up my redneck"
Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
you'd think but I actually grew up on a working cattle ranch in hawaii and my dad is a rodeo announcer.... a long haired cowboy for sure but he's still a cowboy. As david alan coe said "my long hair just cant cover up my redneck"
Would you stop screwing with my stereotypes? I need those!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Twinsmama

wow!!! she has done such an awesome job and so have you. You are not bragging we need some inspirational stories every once in a while. You are lucky to have each other to do it! Please let her know we think she is awesome.....i mean 5 kids in 7 years and a body like that? (tell her be careful looking like that will sometimes add another kid) Even though i'm jealous i would love to here about both of your continued success.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:45 AM

As others have said, this is a wonderful and inspirational story you shared. Thank you so much and congratulations!!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 AM
suntereo

grappling went well last night. i made it the whole hour and even managed my first submission. come to think of it i dont remember getting submitted myself? like i said good night and most importantly my muscle endurance showed great improvement.-bodi (my name for those that dont know)
Old 05-30-2011, 01:47 AM
DonnaMaria

Awesome story! You have inspired me as well!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
wow!!! she has done such an awesome job and so have you. You are not bragging we need some inspirational stories every once in a while. You are lucky to have each other to do it! Please let her know we think she is awesome.....i mean 5 kids in 7 years and a body like that? (tell her be careful looking like that will sometimes add another kid) Even though i'm jealous i would love to here about both of your continued success.

THIS is hysterical.........and sooooooooooo true!!!! It has happened to a few friends!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
THIS is hysterical.........and sooooooooooo true!!!! It has happened to a few friends!!!!
after number 5 my wife thru down the "either the doctor cuts it or i will" so no danger of more kids..... allthough the chances of getting pregnant are 1/2000 and I'm more than willing to do my part in defying the odds
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 AM
suntereo

aaaannnyhow it's been a week and we just finished my eval / training session with the personal trainer.

the verdict is that i am 38 years old and am loathing and enjoying getting back in shape all at the same time. today's workout was very hard but it felt more comfortable all at the same time. my conditioning is coming along so that muscle fatigue and soreness is more common. And so it goes, steps forward are met with new challenges. Victories challenged with new goals and so on.

I am enjoying all the new things I'm learning as this is completely different than SAR school or even wrestling back in the 80's/90's. I will write out a typical workout asap. till next week - bodi