Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I have yet to see the actual numbers of his testerone levels... also admiting that he "shot up" a coulple of days before the fight.. that's news to me..

But I do remember him producing evidence that it was doctor approved.. and that he had notified the commision previously and was allowed...

So it wasn't that he "pee'd hot".. it seems more that he was suspended then for not notifying them.. which was stupid.. his defense was pretty much.. " I forgot."

Cali busted him for lying to the previous commision.. and being a convicted felon..
Yeah if you watched the feed from the hearing you would have drawn the same conclusions. He admitted he took the shoot a few days prior. He also tried to say that since Kizer new he was on the treatment that that meant he didnt have to have proof for the Silva fight. So he just did the verbal Q which isn't proper channels anyways.

He was doing it for the Okami fight and the Nate fight as well, people don't know about that because he didn't piss twice the limit. But yeah Cheals been shooting up since 08 lol.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
1. Sonnen did NOT test positive for a banned substance.
His testosterone to estrogen levels were off, that is a marker for PED use,
so it counts a positive test. That aside, he was suspended, and served his 6 month suspension. He currently has NO license in California, and they're suspending him again... for nothing.
how did he get suspended for nothing? he lied during the testimony in california and was given a 6-month reprieve on his original sentence based on those lies ... california has every right to suspend him until he can clarify why he made those statements .. and i also don't think he has a license in nv either .. he has to reapply and still hasn't been given the license as nothing was determined at his meeting with NV .. but that could have been for a corner job and not fighting ...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hmmm...you got me thinking. California and Nevada do have a lot of democrats...maybe some of those commission guys. Like you point out, Chael is a Republican.

I think Cheachea is rubbing off on me. I definitely smell a conspiracy!

Yup!! There's more behind it than what meets the eye!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
how did he get suspended for nothing? he lied during the testimony in california and was given a 6-month reprieve on his original sentence based on those lies ... california has every right to suspend him until he can clarify why he made those statements .. and i also don't think he has a license in nv either .. he has to reapply and still hasn't been given the license as nothing was determined at his meeting with NV .. but that could have been for a corner job and not fighting ...
Right, but here is what you're not getting.
He doesn't have a LIC in California, they can't suspend a lic that doesn't exist.

He served a 6 month suspension and hasn't renewed.
So now they are "suspending" him for what?
For false statements during his original suspension trial?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Depending on who you talk to, a testie shoot is pretty much a steroid simply because of what it does. It elevates the humans lvls of testosterone. Chales was dbl that of a normal guy, and he admitted he shot up a couple days before the fight.

It was during that hearing when Chael talked to the commission and said that Kizer from thr Cali commission OK'ed the use. Which Kizer never did and never even talked to Chael about it.

Well, testosterone is certainly a steroid, but it isn't a banned substance,
his level was just too high from his estrogen level. (his test ratio was 16.9:1, where the normal threshold ratio is 4:1.)


I was under the impression that his suspension was lowered from 1 year to 6 months because he was previously approved for TRT and just had failed to re submit the paperwork. He fought Okami at 104 in California, and was approved for TRT then, drug tested, etc....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Well, testosterone is certainly a steroid, but it isn't a banned substance,
his level was just too high from his estrogen level. (his test ratio was 16.9:1, where the normal threshold ratio is 4:1.)


I was under the impression that his suspension was lowered from 1 year to 6 months because he was previously approved for TRT and just had failed to re submit the paperwork. He fought Okami at 104 in California, and was approved for TRT then, drug tested, etc....
I read a list that had testosterone shots as banned.

Most of the time they will lower it to 6 months just because there was an appeal, and not much else. As for the Okami fight, no clue what they would allow for his T-level under the medical issue, which I still find a bit odd. They might allow a different ratio but I am not certain.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I read a list that had testosterone shots as banned.

Most of the time they will lower it to 6 months just because there was an appeal, and not much else. As for the Okami fight, no clue what they would allow for his T-level under the medical issue, which I still find a bit odd. They might allow a different ratio but I am not certain.
He wasn't getting shots (I didn't think)
He is prescribed TST because his body doesn't produce enough natural test.
(its actually common)

My understanding was that you have to redo any prescribed drugs every fight.
(Makes complete sense)

and Sonnen just didn't re submit the paperwork for his next fight in Cali,
because they had approved it before.

If that was the case, he made the mistake, he pays for it.
I just don't know how they're suspending a lic that doesn't exist right now.
BUT, if he did lie at his previous hearing I can see how they might deny him a future license.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

Fighting is the last thing that Chael should be concerned with right now...he admitted theaft and fraud during a political campaign...and wonders why these regulatory insitutions dont want to know him

I want to know what Chaels smack talking responce is to this extention to his suspension
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I love Chael. lol. He is very good to the people that love him. I got the nicest message last night..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Fighting is the last thing that Chael should be concerned with right now...he admitted theaft and fraud during a political campaign...and wonders why these regulatory insitutions dont want to know him

I want to know what Chaels smack talking responce is to this extention to his suspension
Why would he be worried about that?
That is over, he was fined.

He also dropped out of his political campaign before that happened.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.