Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Is Jon Jones faking an injury to avoid fighting Rashad Evans?

Interesting......

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/13/21...vans#storyjump

We know Brock Lesnar is legitimately sick, what with his recent flare up of diverticulitis. But is UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones really injured?

Rashad Evans doesn't think so.

The former friends and training partners were all set to square off for the 205-pound gold after "Bones" pasted Mauricio Rua just this past March. That is until the champ pulled out in order to have surgery to fix an ailing thumb.

But does he really need it? And is he ducking Rashad?

Here are Evans claims regarding the situation:

Quote:
"Question: if u r or were so confident then y fake a thumb injury? Cuz just between me & y'all he don't need surgery! ... but I ain't one 2 gossip so u didnt hear it from me! (ala Living Color) 4 u young folk! Lol ... If I'm lying, I'm dying! Ask @jonnybones when is his surgery & who was his dr! He so fake he fake surgeries!! Now that's fake!"
As if fans needed any more reason to lament the loss of this fight.

Well, as it turns out, Jones does NOT need surgery to repair his thumb and his management (via Twitter) has already gone to the UFC to get his next fight scheduled.

Quote:
"I guess its time to put out the truth. @Jonnybones suffered a tear in his thumb in 2 different spots... Every dr he saw said to have surgery ... We went to meet with the surgeon on wed and after he looked at @Jonnybones he thought that surgery was a bit invasive and bones didn't have ... to have if he didn't want to. @Jonnybones decided against surgery and we immediately met with dana and lorenzo the next day to get his next fight scheduled ... For the record, every doctor @Jonnybones saw was a @UFC referred doctor. The very last one on the day before surgery thought against it ... No @Jonnybones is not fighting rashad. Rashad is fighting phil davis. I'll let you know who or when jon will fight real soon ... (he'll fight again) by the end of the year. ... And just so we're clear, @Jonnybones is not medically cleared to fight until June 11, But hey, I guess that's all a lie, huh?"
Oh, the tangled web we weave.

Despite Jones no longer needing surgery, Evans will apparently go along with fighting Phil Davis at UFC 133 on Aug. 6 in Philadelphia.

A victory in that bout may still result in his getting a title shot but it appears as though it's possible it won't be against Jones. And if that's the case, who would it be against?

The new UFC 130 main event pitting Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill may very well serve as a number one contender fight of sorts. But there's also the Muaricio Rua vs. Forrest Griffin fight at UFC 134 in August.

What a beautiful mess this is.

How's everyone feeling about the current state of the 205-pound division now?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Miss Foxy

Drama as always!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Drama as always!
Couldnt have put it better myself...having met Jon Jones...I dont think he would fake an injury...not when he can probably beat Rashad reasonably easily in the first place I would have thought
Old 05-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Primadawn

I really hate hearing all the "injury-faking" accusations all the time. Lord help you if you're in the UFC and have anything happen--you'll be accused of ducking everyone and their brother.

Call me gullible, but these are top-performing athletes who have a relatively short time to make a living at this sport. If they feel like an injury needs to be rested or treated, I believe that's why they drop a fight. Not because they're ducking anyone.

This crap gets old...
Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

so jones would fake an injury, let rashad fight a good tough fight and most likely win, knock of a bunch of ring rust in preparation for bones? i doubt it .. just sounds like a couple of docs messed up ..
Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Yeah I think it's garbage Rashad is making this statement. If it were my husband/son fighting even if it's a finger injury I would have a few consults before jumping into surgery. Rashad needs to just stop already he's acting more and more foolish everyday!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't mind rashad .. talking is his game, but i really hope that phil davis beats him ....
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

NO!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I really hate hearing all the "injury-faking" accusations all the time. Lord help you if you're in the UFC and have anything happen--you'll be accused of ducking everyone and their brother.

Call me gullible, but these are top-performing athletes who have a relatively short time to make a living at this sport. If they feel like an injury needs to be rested or treated, I believe that's why they drop a fight. Not because they're ducking anyone.

This crap gets old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
NO!
Seconded.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:25 AM

I said it from the beginning Bones was Ducking rashad!! And I hate rashad if you notice I didn't even capitalize his name! That's how much I dislike him!

What a Pu$$! move by Bones.