Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
OMG ur Awesome!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So... WHY was he suspended?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
So... WHY was he suspended?
I think it was because of the felony conviction. Wasn't really too clear to me, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
lol : laugh::l augh::la ugh::lau gh::laug h::laugh :

lol

Are you okay, Log? I was afraid you might have hurt yourself there?

I wish GSP would go up to 185. I'd like to see Sonnen and him fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:15 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think it was because of the felony conviction. Wasn't really too clear to me, though.
1It seems those tall tales about phantom conversations with Keith Kizer during his recent steroids appeal in California have officially come back to bite the former Republican Realtor in the butt. Sonnen tested positive for banned substances after his submission loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 117 in Aug. 2010.


2The felony conviction Dodd speaks of is related to Sonnen's recent bust for money laundering, which earned him a $10,000 fine, the loss of his Realtor's license and two years probation.

Hmmmm, yup,
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Are you okay, Log? I was afraid you might have hurt yourself there?

I wish GSP would go up to 185. I'd like to see Sonnen and him fight.
Its funny cause this is a 99.9% republican forum and its Sonnen, how can you not laugh at that guy
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Its funny cause this is a 99.9% republican forum and its Sonnen, how can you not laugh at that guy
Hmmm...you got me thinking. California and Nevada do have a lot of democrats...maybe some of those commission guys. Like you point out, Chael is a Republican.

I think Cheachea is rubbing off on me. I definitely smell a conspiracy!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
1It seems those tall tales about phantom conversations with Keith Kizer during his recent steroids appeal in California have officially come back to bite the former Republican Realtor in the butt. Sonnen tested positive for banned substances after his submission loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 117 in Aug. 2010.


2The felony conviction Dodd speaks of is related to Sonnen's recent bust for money laundering, which earned him a $10,000 fine, the loss of his Realtor's license and two years probation.

Hmmmm, yup,
1. Sonnen did NOT test positive for a banned substance.
His testosterone to estrogen levels were off, that is a marker for PED use,
so it counts a positive test. That aside, he was suspended, and served his 6 month suspension. He currently has NO license in California, and they're suspending him again... for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
1. Sonnen did NOT test positive for a banned substance.
His testosterone to estrogen levels were off, that is a marker for PED use,
so it counts a positive test. That aside, he was suspended, and served his 6 month suspension. He currently has NO license in California, and they're suspending him again... for nothing.

Depending on who you talk to, a testie shoot is pretty much a steroid simply because of what it does. It elevates the humans lvls of testosterone. Chales was dbl that of a normal guy, and he admitted he shot up a couple days before the fight.

It was during that hearing when Chael talked to the commission and said that Kizer from thr Cali commission OK'ed the use. Which Kizer never did and never even talked to Chael about it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I have yet to see the actual numbers of his testerone levels... also admiting that he "shot up" a coulple of days before the fight.. that's news to me..

But I do remember him producing evidence that it was doctor approved.. and that he had notified the commision previously and was allowed...

So it wasn't that he "pee'd hot".. it seems more that he was suspended then for not notifying them.. which was stupid.. his defense was pretty much.. " I forgot."

Cali busted him for lying to the previous commision.. and being a convicted felon..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.