Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Hardy/Lytle!

UFC On Versus 5: Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann, Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle Added To Fight Card
May 11 11:58a by Luke Thomas

Read More: Dan Hardy (MMA), Chris Lytle (MMA), Jacob Volkmann (MMA), Danny Castillo (MMA), UFC on Versus 5

Two outstanding fights have been added to the UFC On Versus 5 fight card. In a clash of lightweights, BloodyElbow.com has the news:

UFC President Dana White has announced another intriguing matchup for the August 14th event in Milwaukee, as two lightweight up and comers collide.

"In a battle between two top notch wrestlers, Danny "Last Call" Castillo will face Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann August 14 in Milwaukee," said White.
Danny Castillo is on a three-fight win streak after back-to-back losses. A win over Volkmann isn't necessarily a guarantee he'll face the upper tier of the division unless it's supremely dominant. Still, it's a gritty challenge against a defensively strong opponent. Keep in mind Volkmann is on a three-fight win streak as well.

To headline the card, a very intriguing fight has been announced via This Is Nottingham:

Nottingham's Dan Hardy will top the bill at a big UFC show in America. Hardy, nicknamed 'the Outlaw', will fight American Chris Lytle at 'UFC Live' in Milwaukee on August 14, and will train in Las Vegas in the build-up to it.
He said: "It is exactly the fight I wanted. Chris tries to finish you throughout the fight, and I'm ready for a blaze of glory.

"This is the kind of fight you can define your career around. You can guarantee Chris Lytle will bring it, that he will have an exciting fight.
I suspect Hardy believes Lytle's willingness to trade on the feet for purse bonuses will compliment his preferred style of fighting. He may well be right. But this seems like an awfully dangerous fight for Hardy and a further indication of just how deep the UFC welterweight division actually is. Lytle has fight ending power and both a technical yet daring jiu-jitsu game. Hardy might be considered the favorite by some, but this is a pick 'em in my mind.