Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Sure, you can use whatever comical remarks I make..



3 pounds doesn't seem like a lot but in boxing its a huge thing. Besides the class hes fighting in now is not the weight class he fought in when he started 60 fights ago. Gsp 170 then and now. Most of the time fighters who enter the fight at 145 pounds will not gain any extra weight back, some actually lose weight, MMA its not the case.

If theres nothing left for you at your weight class and its possible to move up, then why wouldn't you. Gsp enters the fight at 190+ pounds, So to reach 186 should not be a problem. So there u go, why no jump, ? Is it because hes hiding out, yup...

I still am not sure bout the 4 boofests your talking about, Demian and Thales were the only 2 fights that went to the decision, Cote is questionable since it ended early do to a boo boo. So that could have been either or, but whatevah, so whats the forth?

Sure he slaps the ground and his head, hes trying to get the other guy to actually fight and throw something, those 3 i mentioned above would not do anything at all. You can not blame Silva for that especially since hes always been a counter fighter, something Gsp wasnt til he got knocked out.

In the end it doesn't matter Gsp fans are in a daze, if your willing to cheer on Gsp for his 15 punches a round, 3 punch a minute performance, then I can not point or argue with any of you.
LOL you are Hilarious bro Thumbs Up for the Humor!!!

Where do you get this Material from? You should be a Stand up Comic.

Dont mean to be rude Im just speaking my mind like you.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,099
Default

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not a GSP hater. I just want to see exciting fights. Period. Win, lose, or draw. I can see certain names on a card, and know that is going to be one heckuva fight, period. I can also assume the opposite with some fighters. GSP, unfortunately, has removed himself from the previous group, and situated himself in the later group.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Let's get one thing straight... I'm not a GSP hater. I just want to see exciting fights. Period. Win, lose, or draw. I can see certain names on a card, and know that is going to be one heckuva fight, period. I can also assume the opposite with some fighters. GSP, unfortunately, has removed himself from the previous group, and situated himself in the later group.
that's fine .. i'll still tune into his fights ... i am sure he'll still be one of the top draws in the ufc ...
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
that's fine .. i'll still tune into his fights ... i am sure he'll still be one of the top draws in the ufc ...
So will I, I'm Sure he is still one of the best draws.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL you are Hilarious bro Thumbs Up for the Humor!!!

Where do you get this Material from? You should be a Stand up Comic.

Dont mean to be rude Im just speaking my mind like you.

IF you don't think 3 pounds makes a difference in boxing then your sadly mistaken. These guys usually hang out at their weight level. If you watched any boxing match you will see the announcers talk about weigh in weight and the day of the fight weigh ins. Most fighters will not gain much back other then a couple pounds of water weight, some fighters like May Jr have actually came in less on fight day weigh ins.

You claim Gsp has beat the best and there si no other at 170, yet you laugh at the notion that he his hanging out at his weight class. All the while you dance around the move to 185, why?

So your saying the Serra fight didn't change the mentality of Gsp? Has the killer Gsp been since then? hardly...

Your telling me Gsp threw more then 85 punches in his fight or did much of anything outside of hiding along with Jake outside the takedown distance?

You can argue, but like spirit its laughable at best, he claims 4, requotes himself and thats it, can't remember #4, I already agreed with his 2, and cote as a possible third.

Sure the fans boo, their ignorant, they want knock outs and when it doesn't happen cause of crappy #1 contenders they get all bent out of shape, Demian had a crap poor record when he fight A.S, only beat 1 or 2 guys and that was a decision, and the fight before he got knocked out cold.

For some odd reason though the fans are different for Gsp, not sure why, they want everyone else to knock someone out except for him, their happy with 7/15 punch totals per round with him, and his 1 punch per 35 seconds while on the ground, just long enough to keep it from standing.

As for your question, I did do stand up as a intro for other comics at a club where i worked lol. It was fun but nothing i wanted to do full time, some of the jokes were mine others were prepared, it was fun, but I am a shy guy so I never liked the attention haha.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
IF you don't think 3 pounds makes a difference in boxing then your sadly mistaken. These guys usually hang out at their weight level. If you watched any boxing match you will see the announcers talk about weigh in weight and the day of the fight weigh ins. Most fighters will not gain much back other then a couple pounds of water weight, some fighters like May Jr have actually came in less on fight day weigh ins.
3lbs makes as much difference in MMA as in boxing.. IMO.. but I am not a big follower of boxing.. kinda boring...in many aspects.


Quote:
argue, but like spirit its laughable at best, he claims 4, requotes himself and thats it, can't remember #4, I already agreed with his 2, and cote as a possible third.
"Laughable"?

You asked which four fights.. I had already posted 3 of them.. right off the top of my head.. sorry I don't have the time to go digging right now..

But just for giggles.. let's just say..3... and Andy acted like a goofball.. I would rather watch GSP "stick to a boring game plan (to some), than watch Andy dance around the carge and smack the floor.. and himself and speak in portuguese (?fact check) that doesn't understand the language..

Quote:
Sure the fans boo, their ignorant, they want knock outs and when it doesn't happen cause of crappy #1 contenders they get all bent out of shape, Demian had a crap poor record when he fight A.S, only beat 1 or 2 guys and that was a decision, and the fight before he got knocked out cold.
He was WARNED by the Ref.. he had his boss tell the world that he would be FIRED if he acted like that again...His boos said.."I have never been so embarressed"... His BOSS apologized to all the UFC fans.. on behalf of him... He was BOOed.. by WHOLE stadiums.. What more do you need?


Quote:
For some odd reason though the fans are different for Gsp, not sure why, they want everyone else to knock someone out except for him, their happy with 7/15 punch totals per round with him, and his 1 punch per 35 seconds while on the ground, just long enough to keep it from standing.
"Boring.. Better than side show goofiness"


BTW.. while I am a GSP fan.. THIS is FUNNY!!!!!

__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 05-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Sure the fans boo, their ignorant, they want knock outs and when it doesn't happen cause of crappy #1 contenders they get all bent out of shape, Demian had a crap poor record when he fight A.S, only beat 1 or 2 guys and that was a decision, and the fight before he got knocked out cold.
Isn't this your argument and why you are whining about GSP in the first place?? so basically you just proved Our argument against yours?
I don't even know what you are trying to prove now???

I'm not saying 3lbs don't make a difference in boxing?? I was just laughing at the fact that you said they didn't make a difference in MMA.
I know professionals thinks it makes a difference.
But Honestly I don't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
3lbs makes as much difference in MMA as in boxing.. IMO.. but I am not a big follower of boxing.. kinda boring...in many aspects.




"Laughable"?

You asked which four fights.. I had already posted 3 of them.. right off the top of my head.. sorry I don't have the time to go digging right now..

But just for giggles.. let's just say..3... and Andy acted like a goofball.. I would rather watch GSP "stick to a boring game plan (to some), than watch Andy dance around the carge and smack the floor.. and himself and speak in portuguese (?fact check) that doesn't understand the language..



He was WARNED by the Ref.. he had his boss tell the world that he would be FIRED if he acted like that again...His boos said.."I have never been so embarressed"... His BOSS apologized to all the UFC fans.. on behalf of him... He was BOOed.. by WHOLE stadiums.. What more do you need?




"Boring.. Better than side show goofiness"


BTW.. while I am a GSP fan.. THIS is FUNNY!!!!!

If you don't box or follow it, then how do you know its no big deal. Being bored with boxing isn't an issue and I can see why.

I asked you for a #4 you requoted yourself on the previous 3 lol

You want to blame Silva for his poor performance and goofiness when you should be ticked off at the guy who actually thought someone with a 1 win streak deserved a title shot even though his other fight he spent most of it in lala land.

An like I said that plays into how much better Gsp is treated then others including the ref. 1 ref never warned Gsp that he would stand it, in an earlier fight the guy was dropping bombs and got warned it would stand repeatedly, even though that fighter was actually working and doing a lot more damage ( that was an earlier UFC by the way)


Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Isn't this your argument and why you are whining about GSP in the first place?? so basically you just proved Our argument against yours?
I don't even know what you are trying to prove now???

I'm not saying 3lbs don't make a difference in boxing?? I was just laughing at the fact that you said they didn't make a difference in MMA.
I know professionals thinks it makes a difference.
But Honestly I don't.
I proved that I like to watch guys fight, and not land 1 punch for every minute, or throw a whooping 15 total a round lol. I like to watch guys work the ground game and not lay and pray and just do the bare minimal to avoid it getting stood back up, which is what Gsp does lol.

My reference was more geared towards boxing then it was MMA though,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.