Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default Swarm Thieves

Story here.

Quote:
Caught on camera, a mob of young people bombarded the City Stop convenience store on Sunset Road and Pecos Road and stole $600 in merchandise.

"It became a feeding frenzy," said City Stop owner Jon Athey. "They were in the store for three minutes and 30 seconds… It's a pretty scary thing."

Athey says the crowd darted in and snatched numerous items from the store. "Beer to jerky to candy bars to soda, whatever hit their fancy… potato chips," he said.

Athey says this tactic is known as a "swarm". After 42 years in the convenience store business, Athey says this crime stands out.

"This is the biggest one I've ever seen," he said.

If you walk into a convenience store, you expect every move to be recorded on camera. Surveillance cameras in every direction, however, didn't stop this crew.
YouTube here

A new low in thug behavior. Lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd be interested in seeing the demographic make up of that community.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Swarm attacks have been happening in Vegas for more than 10 years. This is the first time I've heard of a swarm robbery.

Gangland did a feature on Las Vegas gangs and this type of attack is very common there. Bunch of coward thugs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'd be interested in seeing the demographic make up of that community.
Basically, to answer your question, the first street gang established in Las Vegas was the Crips. One of the OG's was a protege of Stanley "Tookie" Williams. The guy's mother moved away from Compton to Vegas for a better life, but that mentality was there, so he started a gang. It's likely the ones who entered that store were the Crips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxl4O6tEKHw (go to 5:41 on the video)

For an example of a "swarm attack", go to 1:20 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3p8...eature=related

These guys are the biggest cowards on the planet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2011, 03:49 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Basically, to answer your question, the first street gang established in Las Vegas was the Crips. One of the OG's was a protege of Stanley "Tookie" Williams. The guy's mother moved away from Compton to Vegas for a better life, but that mentality was there, so he started a gang. It's likely the ones who entered that store were the Crips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxl4O6tEKHw (go to 5:41 on the video)

For an example of a "swarm attack", go to 1:20 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3p8...eature=related

These guys are the biggest cowards on the planet.
Ummm.... I'm not sure that answered my question at all brother. I'm curious what the racial make up is of that neighborhood. Not the city of Las Vegas but that area where the robbery was.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ummm.... I'm not sure that answered my question at all brother. I'm curious what the racial make up is of that neighborhood. Not the city of Las Vegas but that area where the robbery was.
Duh..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.