Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I don't see what's so far-fetched about this. Sure he's got a bit of a dodgy chin and his defence sucks at times, but Bisping has got skills and is more than capable of taking Silva down and doing damage, and he knows enough to avoid submissions while he's down there. You're all talking anti-Brit bollocks as usual.
hahahahahahahahahaha

The only real way that Bisping takes Andy down.. is that when Andy front kicks him in the .. he falls like the stack of cards that he is... and he lands on Andy...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Blade
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
hahahahahahahahahaha

The only real way that Bisping takes Andy down.. is that when Andy front kicks him in the .. he falls like the stack of cards that he is... and he lands on Andy...
Granted, if Silva cracked him he'd fall down like a sack of spuds like he did against Henderson, but Silva's takedown defence is wank, and if Bisping can get a good wrestler like Rashad Evans down then I don't see why you find it totally implausible that he could do the same to Silva.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Granted, if Silva cracked him he'd fall down like a sack of spuds like he did against Henderson, but Silva's takedown defence is wank, and if Bisping can get a good wrestler like Rashad Evans down then I don't see why you find it totally implausible that he could do the same to Silva.
I guess it's possible.... I just don't like Bisping.. so I have a hard time seeing how his "middle of the road".. skills.. could match against Andy... and I like Andy almost as much as I like Bisping... (meaning not at all)

Though Bisping can't be ALL bad...

He does seem to love him some Lyoto...

__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If Forrest Griffin can't lay a glove on AS then I don't see Bisping beating him! After all AS beat Hendo and Vitor easy!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
pistol-pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

Rashad is being diplomatic, and I disagree that Rashad is not releavant. He has been waiting for a title shot for over a year but injury to his opponents and to himself have kept him out of the octagon. He is a top 5 talent at LHW.

He does need to finish his opponents, he is on the same road as GSP, great control and game plan, but both are fighting like Money May,
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=pistol-pete;165096]I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

Rashad is being diplomatic, and I disagree that Rashad is not releavant. He has been waiting for a title shot for over a year but injury to his opponents and to himself have kept him out of the octagon. He is a top 5 talent at LHW.



This sounds like the voice of reason. I would agree.

Chael Sonnen had a great fight against AS but lets not forget As had a rib injury that really limited his abilities in that fight. Take nothing away from Chael, he fought his heart out.
I dont see Bisbing fairing too well against AS. If Hendo and Wandy could KO and rock him respectively with big looping rights, I would be willing to bet anderson would find a home on Bisbings chin as well. His punches are much more accurate and straighter.

I hope that wasnt too anti british.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=KevinD;165264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

Rashad is being diplomatic, and I disagree that Rashad is not releavant. He has been waiting for a title shot for over a year but injury to his opponents and to himself have kept him out of the octagon. He is a top 5 talent at LHW.



This sounds like the voice of reason. I would agree.

Chael Sonnen had a great fight against AS but lets not forget As had a rib injury that really limited his abilities in that fight. Take nothing away from Chael, he fought his heart out.
I dont see Bisbing fairing too well against AS. If Hendo and Wandy could KO and rock him respectively with big looping rights, I would be willing to bet anderson would find a home on Bisbings chin as well. His punches are much more accurate and straighter.

I hope that wasnt too anti british.
I like Bisping.. However I don't like the fact Rashad always has something to say. Good looking out regarding he has confidence in Michael, however my main urk is he needs to quit with the interviews and start training. I just think he does more yapping of the jaws than he does in the octagon.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have never been much of a fan of Rashad Evans. It seems his yapper does work overtime, and now he needs to find a new place to train because of it!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I have never been much of a fan of Rashad Evans. It seems his yapper does work overtime, and now he needs to find a new place to train because of it!
Only ones I allow to yap are Sonnen and Diaz! lol.. I would love to see Bisping prove everyone wrong.. I just don't think in present day Silva is the one for him to fight.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"competitive fight"

That is a very fluid term, could mean a lot of things.
He probably got asked about Bisping and Anderson and didn't want to say anything mean about either fighter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.