Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I don't see what's so far-fetched about this. Sure he's got a bit of a dodgy chin and his defence sucks at times, but Bisping has got skills and is more than capable of taking Silva down and doing damage, and he knows enough to avoid submissions while he's down there. You're all talking anti-Brit bollocks as usual.
hahahahahahahahahaha

The only real way that Bisping takes Andy down.. is that when Andy front kicks him in the .. he falls like the stack of cards that he is... and he lands on Andy...
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
hahahahahahahahahaha

The only real way that Bisping takes Andy down.. is that when Andy front kicks him in the .. he falls like the stack of cards that he is... and he lands on Andy...
Granted, if Silva cracked him he'd fall down like a sack of spuds like he did against Henderson, but Silva's takedown defence is wank, and if Bisping can get a good wrestler like Rashad Evans down then I don't see why you find it totally implausible that he could do the same to Silva.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Granted, if Silva cracked him he'd fall down like a sack of spuds like he did against Henderson, but Silva's takedown defence is wank, and if Bisping can get a good wrestler like Rashad Evans down then I don't see why you find it totally implausible that he could do the same to Silva.
I guess it's possible.... I just don't like Bisping.. so I have a hard time seeing how his "middle of the road".. skills.. could match against Andy... and I like Andy almost as much as I like Bisping... (meaning not at all)

Though Bisping can't be ALL bad...

He does seem to love him some Lyoto...

Old 05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If Forrest Griffin can't lay a glove on AS then I don't see Bisping beating him! After all AS beat Hendo and Vitor easy!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
pistol-pete

I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

Rashad is being diplomatic, and I disagree that Rashad is not releavant. He has been waiting for a title shot for over a year but injury to his opponents and to himself have kept him out of the octagon. He is a top 5 talent at LHW.

He does need to finish his opponents, he is on the same road as GSP, great control and game plan, but both are fighting like Money May,
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
KevinD

[QUOTE=pistol-pete;165096]I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

Rashad is being diplomatic, and I disagree that Rashad is not releavant. He has been waiting for a title shot for over a year but injury to his opponents and to himself have kept him out of the octagon. He is a top 5 talent at LHW.

This sounds like the voice of reason. I would agree.

Chael Sonnen had a great fight against AS but lets not forget As had a rib injury that really limited his abilities in that fight. Take nothing away from Chael, he fought his heart out.
I dont see Bisbing fairing too well against AS. If Hendo and Wandy could KO and rock him respectively with big looping rights, I would be willing to bet anderson would find a home on Bisbings chin as well. His punches are much more accurate and straighter.

I hope that wasnt too anti british.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Miss Foxy

[QUOTE=KevinD;165264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
I can't see Bisping trading with Silva. His wrestling has improved but it isn't on Sonnen's level, very few are. Just like very few have the striking of Silva.

This sounds like the voice of reason. I would agree.

Chael Sonnen had a great fight against AS but lets not forget As had a rib injury that really limited his abilities in that fight. Take nothing away from Chael, he fought his heart out.
I dont see Bisbing fairing too well against AS. If Hendo and Wandy could KO and rock him respectively with big looping rights, I would be willing to bet anderson would find a home on Bisbings chin as well. His punches are much more accurate and straighter.

I hope that wasnt too anti british.
I like Bisping.. However I don't like the fact Rashad always has something to say. Good looking out regarding he has confidence in Michael, however my main urk is he needs to quit with the interviews and start training. I just think he does more yapping of the jaws than he does in the octagon.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
KevinD

I have never been much of a fan of Rashad Evans. It seems his yapper does work overtime, and now he needs to find a new place to train because of it!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I have never been much of a fan of Rashad Evans. It seems his yapper does work overtime, and now he needs to find a new place to train because of it!
Only ones I allow to yap are Sonnen and Diaz! lol.. I would love to see Bisping prove everyone wrong.. I just don't think in present day Silva is the one for him to fight.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
atomdanger

"competitive fight"

That is a very fluid term, could mean a lot of things.
He probably got asked about Bisping and Anderson and didn't want to say anything mean about either fighter.