Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Rashad Evans is OFF his rocker!!!!

UFC Quick Quote: Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping could be a competitive fight

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/6/215...ing-could-be-a

Quote:
"Michael Bisping is something else, because he doesn’t really show well, but when you’re in the cage with him he absolutely is a lot better than he shows. That’s one thing I learned by fighting him. And his takedowns have gotten a lot better, I have been impressed by that - and by his transitions to those takedowns. See its one thing to be able to hit a takedown - anybody at this level in MMA, we all know how to take someone down. But its the little things that make your takedown effective and one of the things is your transition from your punches to your takedown. Bisping has gotten really effective at that transition and that happens to be Anderson Silva’s Achilles Heel, the takedown, so it could be a competitive fight. And another thing that Bisping does is, sometimes he just doesn’t care, you know? He just doesn’t care, he just goes for it. So for people to say it wouldn’t be a fight or it wouldn’t be close? I wouldn’t say that about someone like Michael Bisping. And I am not like some huge Bisping fan, I just think he can scrap and he is very competitive. Put him in with anyone and he will give it a competitive fight."
Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans, who ground out a split decision win over Michael Bisping at UFC 78: "Validation" way back in November 2007, doesn't think fans should "Count" the British banger out in a middleweight title fight against Anderson Silva. "Suga" tells Fighter's Only that Bisping has made some sweet improvements to his wrestling and takedowns and believes that using good transitions can trap "The Spider" in his own web. Is Evans still dazed from the Machida knockout? Or does he have some real insight that fickle fight fans are choosing to overlook? What's your opinion on a possible "Silva vs. Bisping" middleweight mash-up?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Miss Foxy

I commented on this on Bjs site. Pretty much currently Rashad is irrelevant in this sport. He is trying to make some kind of come back with all his non-sense he spouts out. He really needs to take my advice..
1. Get your arse in the gym and start training save the talking for the ladies.
I truly do like Bisping, but Silva would kill him.. Shoot Uncle Chael would kill him...Rashad makes no sense at all..
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Guess that punch from Machida caused severe brain damage.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 PM

This is probably the smartest thing Rashad has ever said I agree with the fact that Bisping has improved a s@!T Load but I'm not sure he could beat Anderson. I would root for him but I give him a small chance.

Although imagine how sweet it would be if Bisping was the first to Knock out Silva
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
This is probably the smartest thing Rashad has ever said I agree with the fact that Bisping has improved a s@!T Load but I'm not sure he could beat Anderson. I would root for him but I give him a small chance.

Although imagine how sweet it would be if Bisping was the first to Knock out Silva
Lol that would be cool if he pulled a Matty Serra moment!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:55 PM

Although the top level fighters normally take him out bisping does come out to fight.

They are normally good fights.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Although the top level fighters normally take him out bisping does come out to fight.

They are normally good fights.
Agreed 100% Mike always comes to fight!! Always!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 PM
County Mike

Rashad just need an excuse for not finishing him when they fought. If he says Bisping is a punk, then what was his excuse? He says Bisping is really tough and winning a decision sounds better.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Sounds to me like Evans needs his head checked!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Blade

I don't see what's so far-fetched about this. Sure he's got a bit of a dodgy chin and his defence sucks at times, but Bisping has got skills and is more than capable of taking Silva down and doing damage, and he knows enough to avoid submissions while he's down there. You're all talking anti-Brit bollocks as usual.