Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Twinsmama

Haha

Glad to hear he is doing so well!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Primadawn

Thanks Ben, for carrying over the info from Facebook. I could get on Facebook from my phone at the hospital, but couldn't get the browser to open for some reason.

He's doing really great--they said to expect him to look NOT so great today because it would be harder on him as they decrease pain meds, etc. He did NOT get fried chicken for dinner last night--but he did get some kind of chicken pot pie looking thing, and he ate almost all of it and some broccoli.

He was up standing for a few minutes at a time with assistance and stood up once by himself--small steps, but they seem very impressed with how he's doing in light of the severity of his condition and the surgery--plus, he's 72-no spring chicken!

Thanks so much everyone for your prayers--it means the world to me that you care and proves that prayer works! He's doing a million times better than anyone expected.

Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Thanks Ben, for carrying over the info from Facebook. I could get on Facebook from my phone at the hospital, but couldn't get the browser to open for some reason.

He's doing really great--they said to expect him to look NOT so great today because it would be harder on him as they decrease pain meds, etc. He did NOT get fried chicken for dinner last night--but he did get some kind of chicken pot pie looking thing, and he ate almost all of it and some broccoli.

He was up standing for a few minutes at a time with assistance and stood up once by himself--small steps, but they seem very impressed with how he's doing in light of the severity of his condition and the surgery--plus, he's 72-no spring chicken!

Thanks so much everyone for your prayers--it means the world to me that you care and proves that prayer works! He's doing a million times better than anyone expected.

Thanks again!
Dawn, that's really exciting to hear how quickly he's progressing!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Dawn, so glad your dad is through the surgery and able to get up and eat. I hope he has as speedy a recovery as possible.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Primadawn

Thanks for the continued prayers everyone! He had quite a setback Friday night, had to call in a pulmonologist--but he got right on it and my dad bounced back really quickly.

He was released yesterday afternoon and is now home with a home-health nurse--doing really really well.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Thanks for the continued prayers everyone! He had quite a setback Friday night, had to call in a pulmonologist--but he got right on it and my dad bounced back really quickly.

He was released yesterday afternoon and is now home with a home-health nurse--doing really really well.
I'm sure you have been on a heck of a rollercoaster ride. Glad to hear he is home and improving!