Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
BamaGrits84

Default SHTF PLAN

Not to sound crazy, but do other families have a plan if the SHTF? My husband started about a year ago buying things here and there to start gathering stuff should we live to see a time where chaos breaks out all over America either caused by force from our government or invasion by another country. And he has decided to arm himself well.

With Bin Laden gone I wonder if it will stir up more trouble. So I started thinking about my husband's plan last night and actually consideered ways we could pack as much as possible as quickly as possible. Is that insane? Should a Christian even be prepared or should we just live knowing we will be taken before it gets too bad?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
County Mike

It's always a good idea to be prepared but I wouldn't obsess over it. If you're taking out a second mortgage on the house to build a bomb shelter and stockpile weapons, you might be going overboard. If you're making sure you're well stocked on canned food, water, have a few weapons, ammo and a generator, then I think you're on the right track.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
It's always a good idea to be prepared but I wouldn't obsess over it.