Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OK, just wanna admit what I first saw as I skimmed your post:

lol..
Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
That is why the CDC recommends Hepatitis A immunizations for all male homosexuals.
its not the hands you want to wash
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Everyone should be immunized not just "male homosexuals" ...
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5507a1.htm

Miss Foxy, please follow the link above to a MMWR put out by ACIP/CDC with guidelines concerning Hepatitis A immunization. As the document is 36 pages, I have taken the liberty of choosing some pertinent quotes:

Quote:
Hepatitis A outbreaks among MSM have been reported frequently. Cyclic outbreaks have occurred in urban areas in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia and can occur in the context of an outbreak in the larger community (28,31,53,64--67) . . . Since 1996, ACIP has recommended hepatitis A vaccination of MSM (2). Although precise data are lacking, vaccine coverage appears to be low (53).
Quote:
MSM (both adolescents and adults) should be vaccinated. Prevaccination testing is not indicated for the vaccination of adolescents and young adults in this population but might be warranted for older adults (see Prevaccination Serologic Testing for susceptibility). Studies have suggested that the majority of MSM would accept hepatitis A vaccination if recommended by their providers (53). Health-care providers in primary-care and specialty medical settings in which MSM receive care should offer hepatitis A vaccine to patients at risk. Implementation strategies to overcome barriers and increase coverage (e.g., use of standing orders) should be considered.
For your information, "MSM" or "Men who have Sex with Men" is the politically correct medical term for male homosexuals (the equivalent of referring to "prostitutes" as "sex workers"). MSM includes bisexual males and black males who practice what they refer to as the "down low". There are currently over 300 million people in the U.S. The CDC (or any other medical organization) does not currently recommend immunizing "everyone" as you stated. If you can post evidence to the contrary, please do. Otherwise, kindly edit your post and remove the "rolleyes" emoticon. Ignorance of a subject is understandable; expressing contempt for someone who is more informed on a subject is not.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5507a1.htm

Miss Foxy, please follow the link above to a MMWR put out by ACIP/CDC with guidelines concerning Hepatitis A immunization. As the document is 36 pages, I have taken the liberty of choosing some pertinent quotes:

For your information, "MSM" or "Men who have Sex with Men" is the politically correct medical term for male homosexuals (the equivalent of referring to "prostitutes" as "sex workers"). MSM includes bisexual males and black males who practice what they refer to as the "down low". There are currently over 300 million people in the U.S. The CDC (or any other medical organization) does not currently recommend immunizing "everyone" as you stated. If you can post evidence to the contrary, please do. Otherwise, kindly edit your post and remove the "rolleyes" emoticon. Ignorance of a subject is understandable; expressing contempt for someone who is more informed on a subject is not.
You don't need to talk to me like I am stupid ... Hepatitis A is contractible for anyone not just MSM... Or are you implying Vitor is MSM? Or just giving a heads up to anyone on here that might be a homosexual male? I am just baffled at what MSM has to do with Vitor having this disease..Thanks for your links btw.

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OK, just wanna admit what I first saw as I skimmed your post:

Have you ever seen all the posters in doctors office that say "ask you docotr today?" Can you imagine if there were immunization against gay men with posters up everywhere? "Ask your doctor about safegaurding your family from gay men today."

Note to people who can't take a joke: While I do not agree with the lifestyle choices of the GLBT (and all the other letters that go with that), I don't bash anyone because Jesus says love everyone, not just those who live as I approve of.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Have you ever seen all the posters in doctors office that say "ask you docotr today?" Can you imagine if there were immunization against gay men with posters up everywhere? "Ask your doctor about safegaurding your family from gay men today."

Note to people who can't take a joke: While I do not agree with the lifestyle choices of the GLBT (and all the other letters that go with that), I don't bash anyone because Jesus says love everyone, not just those who live as I approve of.
I feel the same way.. Even the gsp lovers out there..
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
You don't need to talk to me like I am stupid ... Hepatitis A is contractible for anyone not just MSM... Or are you implying Vitor is MSM? Or just giving a heads up to anyone on here that might be a homosexual male? I am just baffled at what MSM has to do with Vitor having this disease..Thanks for your links btw.
Do the links say cat lovers are safest?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Do the links say cat lovers are safest?
Here's ways you can get it....Omg I hate cats.. I am allergic to them. If one is anywhere within a few feet from me I get watery eyes and feel like I can't breathe...

Modes of Transmission

Person-to-person transmission through the fecal-oral route is the primary means of HAV transmission in the United States. Transmission occurs most frequently among close contacts, especially in households and extended family settings (31). Because the majority of children have asymptomatic or unrecognized infections, they play a key role in HAV transmission and serve as a source of infection for others (32,33). In one study of adults without an identified source, 52% of their households included a child aged <6 years, and the presence of a young child was associated with HAV transmission in the household (32). In studies in which serologic testing of the household contacts of adults without an identified source of infection was performed, 25%--40% of contacts aged <6 years had serologic evidence of acute HAV infection (IgM anti-HAV) (17,32).

Common-source outbreaks and sporadic cases also can occur from exposure to fecally contaminated food or water. Uncooked foods have been recognized frequently as a source of outbreaks (34). Cooked foods also can transmit HAV if cooking is inadequate to kill the virus or if food is contaminated after cooking, as occurs commonly in outbreaks associated with infected food handlers (34--37). Waterborne outbreaks of hepatitis A are infrequent in developed countries with well-maintained sanitation and water supplies. The majority of waterborne outbreaks are associated with sewage-contaminated or inadequately treated water (38--40). Outbreaks in the context of floods or other natural disasters (e.g., hurricanes) have not been reported in the United States.

Depending on conditions, HAV can be stable in the environment for months (41). Heating foods at temperatures >185F (>85C) for 1 minute or disinfecting surfaces with a 1:100 dilution of sodium hypochlorite (i.e., household bleach) in tap water is necessary to inactivate HAV (42).

On rare occasions, HAV infection has been transmitted by transfusion of blood or blood products collected from donors during the viremic phase of their infection (20,43). Since 2002, nucleic acid amplification tests such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR) have been applied to the screening of source plasma used for the manufacture of plasma-derived products (44).

In experimentally infected nonhuman primates, HAV has been detected in saliva during the incubation period (45). However, transmission by saliva has not been demonstrated
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Here's ways you can get it....Omg I hate cats.. I am allergic to them. If one is anywhere within a few feet from me I get watery eyes and feel like I can't breathe...
I think you missed my joke.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I think you missed my joke.
Lol.. Girl I miss a lot of things!! haha.. Its that kind of day..