Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Or maybe he's thinking of the strange that gave him hep?
If you get Hep A from strange then it isn't usually from a her. Just sayin....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
If you get Hep A from strange then it isn't usually from a her. Just sayin....
oh...how I wish you had kept your last sentance...about where you CAN catch Hep A...coz I had a corker of a reply
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have zero medical knowledge on this subject, but I do know someone who has it. A former co-worker. I don't know about it being contagious but I do know EHS made some changes in shared safety equipment when they found out. Like welding helmets. And he stayed really sick, eventually having to stop working and do on disability because his kidneys or liver was messing up over it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I have zero medical knowledge on this subject, but I do know someone who has it. A former co-worker. I don't know about it being contagious but I do know EHS made some changes in shared safety equipment when they found out. Like welding helmets. And he stayed really sick, eventually having to stop working and do on disability because his kidneys or liver was messing up over it.
Are you sure that wasn't Hep C?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

From the CDC:

Quote:
Hepatitis A is a contagious liver disease that results from infection with the Hepatitis A virus. It can range in severity from a mild illness lasting a few weeks to a severe illness lasting several months. Hepatitis A is usually spread when a person ingests fecal matter even in microscopic amounts from contact with objects, food, or drinks contaminated by the feces, or stool, of an infected person.
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/A/aFAQ.htm

Bolded and made red for emphasis!! In case people didn't know. Wash your hands people!!!


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
From the CDC:



http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/A/aFAQ.htm

Bolded and made red for emphasis!! In case people didn't know. Wash your hands people!!!


~Amy
That is why the CDC recommends Hepatitis A immunizations for all male homosexuals.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:23 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
From the CDC:



http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/A/aFAQ.htm

Bolded and made red for emphasis!! In case people didn't know. Wash your hands people!!!


~Amy
Always wash fruits and vegetables, etc. as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:42 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,312
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Yeah, that's why all of the team members going on our Belize Mission trips must have Hep shots.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
That is why the CDC recommends Hepatitis A immunizations for all male homosexuals.
Everyone should be immunized not just "male homosexuals" ...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,312
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Everyone should be immunized not just "male homosexuals" ...
OK, just wanna admit what I first saw as I skimmed your post:

Quote:
Everyone should be immunized from "male homosexuals"


__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.