Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah Dave
Lol..
Old 04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Tyburn have you had a physical lately? It's a good idea so the doctor can give you the thumbs up so you don't hurt yourself..
I'm not sure ive ever had "a physical" I only go to the doctors if I am ill...or if I have to get some more of my meds...if there is something gym related I ask the professional nutritionalists or the physioltherapists that work there or I ask here

The only time we get a physical is when we are new somewhere, like for registration. So, for example, when I was at University I had to enrole at the Health Centre on Campus, and they did height and weight and the likes...and when I got on the scale, the nurse smiled at me and said

"Dont worry...we can help people like you"

...which is nearly as funny as when my Father tried to get himself weighed at one of those silly machines that shout at you, and he put his money in, and got on...and the Machine said

"One at a time please"

ahahahahahahahahhaa
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'm not sure ive ever had "a physical" I only go to the doctors if I am ill...or if I have to get some more of my meds...if there is something gym related I ask the professional nutritionalists or the physioltherapists that work there or I ask here

The only time we get a physical is when we are new somewhere, like for registration. So, for example, when I was at University I had to enrole at the Health Centre on Campus, and they did height and weight and the likes...and when I got on the scale, the nurse smiled at me and said

...which is nearly as funny as when my Father tried to get himself weighed at one of those silly machines that shout at you, and he put his money in, and got on...and the Machine said

"One at a time please"

ahahahahahahahahhaa
It's kinda like taking your vehicle in for a tuneup. It's recommended that you get a full physical once a year to check for anything that could possibly be wrong or could cause problems for you in the future. Your doctor will check blood pressure, take a blood sample, check reflexes, check your chest, check your heart, etc.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

"One at a time please"

ahahahahahahahahhaa
Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
It's kinda like taking your vehicle in for a tuneup. It's recommended that you get a full physical once a year to check for anything that could possibly be wrong or could cause problems for you in the future. Your doctor will check blood pressure, take a blood sample, check reflexes, check your chest, check your heart, etc.
Oh no, they wouldnt do that. If you wanted that sort of thing you'd probably only go to the practise nurse.

The amount of stress and hassle with booking appointments makes it not worth it...they would do height and weight, maybe reflex and chest...they wouldnt monitor your heart unless they feared something was wrong, similarly they wouldnt do blood pressure and they certainly wont do blood tests without specifically looking for something.they wouldnt tell me what blood type I was, and they wouldnt do any further tests about finding how bad my peanut allergy was...and thats when I specifically asked them
Old 04-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh no, they wouldnt do that. If you wanted that sort of thing you'd probably only go to the practise nurse.

The amount of stress and hassle with booking appointments makes it not worth it...they would do height and weight, maybe reflex and chest...they wouldnt monitor your heart unless they feared something was wrong, similarly they wouldnt do blood pressure and they certainly wont do blood tests without specifically looking for something.they wouldnt tell me what blood type I was, and they wouldnt do any further tests about finding how bad my peanut allergy was...and thats when I specifically asked them

So England has no preventative health care? I am studying for my specialty ambulatory care certification (clinic and outpatient places are classified as ambulatory care) and all of the literature states that everyone should have a yearly (at least) check up with vitals and routine bloodwork. We also assess for vaccination status, stress, pain, and domestic violence.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So England has no preventative health care? I am studying for my specialty ambulatory care certification (clinic and outpatient places are classified as ambulatory care) and all of the literature states that everyone should have a yearly (at least) check up with vitals and routine bloodwork. We also assess for vaccination status, stress, pain, and domestic violence.

~Amy
Vaccinations are monitored by a system and you'll be asked to arrange an appointment if you need any booster...but stress, pain, and domestic violence are not things that the National Health Service seems bothered with. Ceartainly I can speak from experience on the refusal of bloodwork.

We go to the doctor if we are ill. We go to the nurse for odd tiny bits of support. Thats really all the National Health Service can do...outside of following up serious issues with hospital, or long term illnesses that need investigation....even then

You know it took almost exactly a year for me to get my MRI scan during my Annus Horribilis...the wait for the actual scan was only two months, but the wait for the neurologist who had to decide whether it was worth having one, after referal from my doctor....well...Babies have been born in less, lets just say.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:20 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Vaccinations are monitored by a system and you'll be asked to arrange an appointment if you need any booster...but stress, pain, and domestic violence are not things that the National Health Service seems bothered with. Ceartainly I can speak from experience on the refusal of bloodwork.

We go to the doctor if we are ill. We go to the nurse for odd tiny bits of support. Thats really all the National Health Service can do...outside of following up serious issues with hospital, or long term illnesses that need investigation....even then

You know it took almost exactly a year for me to get my MRI scan during my Annus Horribilis...the wait for the actual scan was only two months, but the wait for the neurologist who had to decide whether it was worth having one, after referal from my doctor....well...Babies have been born in less, lets just say.
That is the nature of National Health Care. They weed out the weak and only the strong survive.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
That is the nature of National Health Care. They weed out the weak and only the strong survive.
I guess I should take that as a compliment since I am still here.

England also offers Private Health Care...for those who can afford it.

So...at least the Weak but Rich can still survive huh