Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.
It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.
I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it.

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it.

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Who said I thought Chael won? Its obvious he lost I never said he won?? I'm just saying Silva fans act like they new all along that he was going to beat Chael even though Chael was winning the fight 4 rounds to 0 and there was but a minute and a half left. All I'm saying is Chael made him look ordinary and even though we all new Chael was a great wrestler we never expected for it to be so one sided.


Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.
I was rooting for Chael Sonnen because he won me over as a fan in the lead up to the fight with all of his amazing trash talk. I have said it before and Ill say it again I also thought Silva would put him away early but once the fight started and Chael did exactly waht he said in the interviews prior the fight I was completely in shock!!!

I agree with you JB that Chael would be the underdog in the rematch but I still think Chael has a good chance to beat him. I don't think your 9 out of 10 is accurate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.