Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.
It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...
Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.
I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it.

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it.

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Who said I thought Chael won? Its obvious he lost I never said he won?? I'm just saying Silva fans act like they new all along that he was going to beat Chael even though Chael was winning the fight 4 rounds to 0 and there was but a minute and a half left. All I'm saying is Chael made him look ordinary and even though we all new Chael was a great wrestler we never expected for it to be so one sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.
I was rooting for Chael Sonnen because he won me over as a fan in the lead up to the fight with all of his amazing trash talk. I have said it before and Ill say it again I also thought Silva would put him away early but once the fight started and Chael did exactly waht he said in the interviews prior the fight I was completely in shock!!!

I agree with you JB that Chael would be the underdog in the rematch but I still think Chael has a good chance to beat him. I don't think your 9 out of 10 is accurate.