Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
what loss
Geez, Dave, do you just avoid the Sports section like the plague or something??
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Geez, Dave, do you just avoid the Sports section like the plague or something??
What sport section

To me that...and the sports nutritional section dont really exist
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
What sport section

To me that...and the sports nutritional section dont really exist
Well, just click "New Posts" & then proceed to read the "VCU" thread. That should nicely sum up my emotions over the last 3 weeks or so.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
BamaGrits84

I'm a bit irrate over the fact that I had to jump on the trunk of my husband's car last night to keep the neighbor's dog from using my leg as a toy bone. As a major storm was just starting no less. Fun times. And what does she say after my yells for help get her attention and she peaks her head out the door to call her dog off. A casual "sorry" and slammed door. Uh sorry for your dog trying to attack me and me having to seek shelter on the METAL trunk of my car just as the thunder rolls? Gee a are you ok would have been nice! This is the second time that dog has come in our yard. Last summer he pinned my kids against a fence in out backyard. I swear if the dog puts one paw on my property again I'm going to kill him.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm a bit irrate over the fact that I had to jump on the trunk of my husband's car last night to keep the neighbor's dog from using my leg as a toy bone. As a major storm was just starting no less. Fun times. And what does she say after my yells for help get her attention and she peaks her head out the door to call her dog off. A casual "sorry" and slammed door. Uh sorry for your dog trying to attack me and me having to seek shelter on the METAL trunk of my car just as the thunder rolls? Gee a are you ok would have been nice! This is the second time that dog has come in our yard. Last summer he pinned my kids against a fence in out backyard. I swear if the dog puts one paw on my property again I'm going to kill him.
I'd say clearly post signs & send your neighbor a certified letter (for documentation purposes) first so that there's no chance for a "She didn't tell us!!!" sob story to the news. Then lock & load!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'd say clearly post signs & send your neighbor a certified letter (for documentation purposes) first so that there's no chance for a "She didn't tell us!!!" sob story to the news. Then lock & load!!
Before you go on a shooting rampage remember to warn them first.. It's not fair to the dog it has idiot owners!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
throw some poisoned hot dogs over the fence .. pooch will be dead by morning ... i have a dog, but i would have no issues with putting him away if he ever hurt someone .. especially a child ...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Before you go on a shooting rampage remember to warn them first.. It's not fair to the dog it has idiot owners!
I did say something to them the first time their dog acted aggressive towards my kids. And I just called one of my other neighbors and she told me earlier yesterday afternoon her husband called the woman and told her their dogs was out and she told him she was too busy with her baby. So I guess from sometime yesterday afternoon until around 8:30 last night no one had time to get the dog in.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I did say something to them the first time their dog acted aggressive towards my kids. And I just called one of my other neighbors and she told me earlier yesterday afternoon her husband called the woman and told her their dogs was out and she told him she was too busy with her baby. So I guess from sometime yesterday afternoon until around 8:30 last night no one had time to get the dog in.
Those neighbors sound like real jerks! They probably don't have any loyalty for that dog let alone humans! This awful..People like that suck..
Old 04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Twinsmama

If the dogs normally roam around call the animal control. the owner will have to pay to get them back. if the dogs aren't up to date on shots they will give them to the dog and charge the owner. i really hate to do that but if you've warned them i'd say go for it. also better check your law on shooting a dog. around here it's the same as a person you have to feel like you are in immediate danger. you can't just shoot one that is in your yard for something it has done in the past.

however that being said the first time it pinned my kids would have been the end of worrying about that dog for me. i would fully expect the same if my dog went to someones house and was aggressive. i don't believe in having a dog that will bite. we have a dog. his job is to let us know if someone is around our house. if he bit anyone he would not stay. you can't see neighbors from my house so they would not know what happened to their dog it would just disappear. if you live in town i'm sure it will be hard to conceal what you do.

for people in town it's probably better to call animal control. they probably won't pay to get the dog back and it can go to a good loving home.