Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Chuck

No to showing scores......
Yes to OT in a 3 round fight....
No to OT in a 5 round fight...

OR.........................................

Just use the yellow card.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, you have to stop trying to make up ways to enforce your preferences on reality. We all know that you want Pettis to win the LW title, so therefore anything delaying this is evil and must be abolished. You have to accept the truth of the situation: a draw is a draw, not a "kind of actually when you think of it my way" loss.
Sorry...tell me, who has the belt following a Draw. is it the challenger, or the champion?

a one word answer will surfice
Old 04-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

who does now?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sorry...tell me, who has the belt following a Draw. is it the challenger, or the champion?

a one word answer will surfice
Nobody.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
who does now?
In a Draw, the Champion retains his belt....in a three round fight a draw is pointless....thats why I support your case for application against three round fights...but for the special fights, where you must outright WIN to get the belt...then its stupid...coz you are supposed to be THE BEST if you get a belt...you've already had two extra rounds to proove you are the best...if you cant proove that to the judges...then you dont deserve special discompensation...You couldnt defeat the best, therefore you are not the best.

Its VERY simple.

At title level a Draw is NOT good enough...if it was, then the contender would walk away with the belt...technically they may not have lost...but they sure as hell didnt win either
Old 04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Nobody.
thats not true is it
Old 04-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
who does now?
No one has that belt. Sure, Edgar still has his belts from when he beat BJ, but he doesn't have the belt from UFC 125.

As we all know, Matt's a 9x champion, meaning he's got 9 UFC WW Championship Belts (or had at some point, since I know he's donated some). Each time he went out & fought, there was, quite literally, a new belt up for grabs.

Dave's trying to imply that there's not a single individual belt which gets passed from champ to champ, so if Gray has failed to get the belt at UFC 125, then he's lost his contendership. Problem is, Frankie failed to get the belt at UFC 125, too, so by his argument, there is no champion.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
No one has that belt. Sure, Edgar still has his belts from when he beat BJ, but he doesn't have the belt from UFC 125.

As we all know, Matt's a 9x champion, meaning he's got 9 UFC WW Championship Belts (or had at some point, since I know he's donated some). Each time he went out & fought, there was, quite literally, a new belt up for grabs.

Dave's trying to imply that there's not a single individual belt which gets passed from champ to champ, so if Gray has failed to get the belt at UFC 125, then he's lost his contendership. Problem is, Frankie failed to get the belt at UFC 125, too, so by his argument, there is no champion.
are you SURE he wasnt given a new belt???? ABSOLUTELY Sure?? I thought someone HAD to be given the belt...otherwise how CAN they still be holding the Title.

I assumed that they gave Frankie A new belt, despite the draw
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
thats not true is it
Really, Dave? Are yo uimplying tha Frankie has the UFC 125 belt at home? That's what you're implying. Unless you think that because he has the belts from previous title wins means he wins this one, too. But that can't be right since Jens, BJ & Sherk all have belts from previous wins. Does that mean that, since there's a draw, they're all champs again, since they "have the belt"?

Dave, don't be disingenuous. You've argued up & down (& I've agreed with you) that Matt's a 9x champ because he's got 9 belts from 9 wins in 12 title fights. By that same logic, Frankie's a 2x champ because he's got 2 belts from 2 wins in 3 title fights. I'm sorry if you don't like the results that your own logic produces, but you have to live with it or else you look like a child changing his mind whenever it suits him to get his way.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
are you SURE he wasnt given a new belt???? ABSOLUTELY Sure?? I thought someone HAD to be given the belt...otherwise how CAN they still be holding the Title.

I assumed that they gave Frankie A new belt, despite the draw
They strapped a belt on him, yeah, but it's not a new one. How can they give someone a belt if they didn't win it, Dave?