Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
DonnaMaria

[QUOTE=Twinsmama;160102]I'm not a good forgiver or forgetter. It is hard to make me mad enough to the point that I would need to forgive. If someone put a gun to my head I do not believe I could ever forgive them.

What happened after you were robbed? did he get in trouble by the police? is there a record?[/QUOTE]

Did he get caught? Punished? If he did, wouldn't he have an order to not contact you?

I think you should stay away from him as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
+2

Unless of course, you know someone who could simply "take care of him". Maybe Donna Maria can help you with that.

Alabama?!?! Hmmmmm...............

I don't think so.........no Sicilians in Alabama.......

that's why they don't have good pizza joints!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
I'm not a good forgiver or forgetter. It is hard to make me mad enough to the point that I would need to forgive. If someone put a gun to my head I do not believe I could ever forgive them.

What happened after you were robbed? did he get in trouble by the police? is there a record?
Nothing happened to him. I was so afraid my mom would find out I was hanging out around the wrong folks that I never told her or went to the police.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Alabama?!?! Hmmmmm...............

I don't think so.........no Sicilians in Alabama.......

that's why they don't have good pizza joints!
I heard Jasper, AL is known as hit man capital of the US.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Twinsmama

If there is no record of anything and you bring it up you run the risk of him turning everything around and making you look like a liar. i wouldn't bring it up. i don't really think there is any point in it.

if you've forgiving him you don't need to tell him. if he really feels bad about it he will approach you with it to ask for forgiveness.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM

I think it is noble that you are willing to forgive someone. The problem is that forgiveness is only part of justice. There is also confession, apology, punishment, restitution and repentance. I wish you had reported the crime. Unfortunately, criminals generally do not commit just one crime and then stop. They commit crimes over and over again. I fear you were not the last victim.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Nothing happened to him. I was so afraid my mom would find out I was hanging out around the wrong folks that I never told her or went to the police.
It sounds like there was some disobedience and rebellion against your parents involved here. So, thinking of this biblically, this entire incident was you simply reaping the rewards of your own actions and poor choices.

Yes, the guy was wrong for posing as your friend then setting you up. And yes the other guy was wrong for robbing you. But, the simple fact that you never reported the crime, for fear of incriminating yourself, suggests that you really brought the entire situation upon yourself.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
your husband is a good man for not gat clapping the fool ... i'd say don't even bother, if he is mean enough to set you up once, he can do it again ... not you have kids ...
What is gat clapping?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It sounds like there was some disobedience and rebellion against your parents involved here. So, thinking of this biblically, this entire incident was you simply reaping the rewards of your own actions and poor choices.

Yes, the guy was wrong for posing as your friend then setting you up. And yes the other guy was wrong for robbing you. But, the simple fact that you never reported the crime, for fear of incriminating yourself, suggests that you really brought the entire situation upon yourself.
Like you have never rebelled before....at least she is the one offering forgiveness...someone comes to ask what they should do in a difficult situation that could have got them killed...and all you do is blame them.

Why didnt you even bother to actually answer the question posed.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Like you have never rebelled before....at least she is the one offering forgiveness...someone comes to ask what they should do in a difficult situation that could have got them killed...and all you do is blame them.

Why didnt you even bother to actually answer the question posed.
If he wants forgiveness don't you think he will ask for it? She has no idea how he will respond. If he isn't changed he may get mad at her for embarrassing him and no telling what he will do.

I've never been one to say I know you are sorry so I'll forgive you. If I'm sorry I'll tell you and if you forgive me you can tell me then. To me it's kinda a slap in the face if someone were to say I forgive you because I know you did something wrong. Who makes them able to go around pointing out who is doing wrong things and who isn't.

telling him you forgive him is only going to make yourself feel better. you should have done something then. that could have been more beneficial to possible save other from going through what you did. telling him you forgive him is going to be beneficial to who?