Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Now you can add Jump Snap to your workout!

Video Here

In two hot colors, blue ~

and pink, for the ladies!

hmmm...

Yes, this is a real product, as unbelievable as it may seem. Here is their website.

For schlubs who are so klutzy they can't handle a real jump rope.

Flo, I am a proud owner of this product.

It actually is not as dumb as it looks. I bought it to "jump rope" indoors. I have a "real" rope for outdoors but inside the house, it would hit the ceiling. Of course, one could just jump up and down without the "rope", but going through the "jump rope" motions helps build up a rhythm and the device counts the number of jumps, the time and the estimated number of calories burned (plus, it has a cool "whooshing" sound effect). I wish I could still use it but my knee is so bad that I can no longer "jump rope".
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Flo, I am a proud owner of this product.

It actually is not as dumb as it looks. I bought it to "jump rope" indoors. I have a "real" rope for outdoors but inside the house, it would hit the ceiling. Of course, one could just jump up and down without the "rope", but going through the "jump rope" motions helps build up a rhythm and the device counts the number of jumps, the time and the estimated number of calories burned (plus, it has a cool "whooshing" sound effect). I wish I could still use it but my knee is so bad that I can no longer "jump rope".
OMG!

Now I'm embarrassed because you know I have very high regard for you, PTM!!

Amigos still?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
OMG!

Now I'm embarrassed because you know I have very high regard for you, PTM!!

Amigos still?
Of course! I try not to take myself too seriously. Unfortunately, it is easier to purchase an exercise gimmick gadget than do the hard work of exercising. I am also the proud owner of a commercial-grade elliptical machine that I use as a clothes rack, a Schwinn spin bike with about 1 mile of wear, a nice set of dumbells gathering cobwebs, etc., etc., etc. I do not have a shakeweight . . . yet!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Of course! I try not to take myself too seriously. Unfortunately, it is easier to purchase an exercise gimmick gadget than do the hard work of exercising. I am also the proud owner of a commercial-grade elliptical machine that I use as a clothes rack, a Schwinn spin bike with about 1 mile of wear, a nice set of dumbells gathering cobwebs, etc., etc., etc. I do not have a shakeweight . . . yet!
Wanna sell your spin bike and/or dumbells?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Wanna sell your spin bike and/or dumbells?
Thank you for the offer. I haven't quite given up all hope yet. I am devising a bribery scheme whereby I will buy myself something for reaching certain physical fitness goals. It is pathetic that it has come to that, but I don't like exercising so I have to mix it up somehow.

Last edited by Play The Man; 04-01-2011 at 02:35 AM.