Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Default Bellator 1 fighter payouts!

MMAConvert.comThe Guide to MMA featuring daily UFC & MMA news, analysis, and opinion.BlogAbout UsFight CardsPro MMA RadioContact UsUFC Betting Odds
You are here: Home / Blog / Promotions & Events / Bellator Fighting Championships / Bellator I Fighter Payouts
Bellator I Fighter Payouts
By Steve BarryApril 7th, 2009The FSBC has released the fighter payouts for Bellator I. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion, and do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.

There weren’t any huge paydays, but each tournament winner did pocket $25,000 for their victories, and will have the chance to take home $50,000 if they win their semi-final bout.

Payouts
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:

•Jorge Masvidal: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Nick Agallar: $10,000
•Eddie Alvarez: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Greg Loughran: $10,000
•Yahir Reyes: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Nick Gonzalez: $10,000
•Estevan Payan: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Luis Palomino: $10,000
•Joe Soto: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Ben Greer: $10,000
•Tony Imada: $25,000 ($10k + $15k)
Alonzo Martinez: $10,000
•Jonathan Brookins: $4,000 ($2k + $2k)
Stephen Ledbetter: $2,000
•Lorenzo Borgomeo: $4,000 ($2k + $2k)
Daniel Morales: $3,000
•James Brasco: $3,000 ($1.5k + $1.5k)
Kevin Abrante: $1,500
•Moses Gabon: $2,000 ($1k + $1k)
Chris Decaro: $1,500
•Gary Padilla: $4,000 ($2k + $2k)
Daniel Sarafian: $2,000
A disclosed total of $237,000, including bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.

Read more about: Bellator Fighting Championships
Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 AM
3dlee

Wow. It seems like unless they hade HUGE endorsement deals or were fighting at least monthly that it'd be hard for some of these guys to make a living doing this. I mean, im sure theres tons of guys that train for 3 months to make a couple hundred bucks. Kinda sucks. At least they still get paid to do what they wanna do. I mean, there are very few avenues for a football player to go pro without being in the NFL but a mixed martial artist can still make some money even if hes not fighting in the UFC. A bit of a doubled edge sword I guess.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:27 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

At that I think its better than what KOTC pays their fighters! Hopefully as they grow they can pay their people more! I do like the idea that most of their fighters got a win bonus though.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 AM

Sheesh, that's not even net pay. I would love to see the profit Bellator made that day, then we could really compare.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Well if he don't want Dana taking his best I guess he'll find a way to pay some of them more! But from what I understand they just recently broke even so hopefully they will be some extra pay for the fighters!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 AM

You're right, Kentucky, they have just recently been in the black.

Quote:
Jonathan Snowden: This may be an unfair question, but has to be asked. There were a lot of reports on some other MMA websites that you were close to going under. Is this a deal that sustains Bellator? Can you turn a profit with this deal? Fans are curious, I think, mostly because we've invested in other companies in the past that weren't in it for the long haul. Is this going to keep Bellator around?

Bjorn Rebney: Absolutely, without question, the answer is yes. It turns the corner for Bellator and puts us in a cash flow break even or positive position, and assures our life expectancy for many, many years. It's a fair question, it's not an unfair question. Because we've seen so many failures in the space. The reason for those failures is faulty business models. The reason the IFLs and the Elite XCs and the BoDogs and the Afflictions have gone out of business and into bankruptcy is because their business models were faulty. They were inherently flawed.

Entire Article Here

(I apologize if this article has been previously posted)
Old 03-23-2011, 11:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

those are pretty solid payouts ... bellator, for now seems smart .. if they truly want to grow to rival the ufc, they need to keep the payment low and build a fan base ... not paying huge money for talent ... but it is gonna be an uphill climb as it is a matter of time before the big bucks take away their top talent