Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
bisping wins that fight 10 out of 10 times .. but in that fight, the knee definitely changed the fight ... rivera shouldn't have continued, got his win bonus (if he has one) and rematched the fight for another paycheque ... but he didn't .. doesn't change the fact that bisping is a slimy prick ...
++
Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
bisping wins that fight 10 out of 10 times .. but in that fight, the knee definitely changed the fight ... rivera shouldn't have continued, got his win bonus (if he has one) and rematched the fight for another paycheque ... but he didn't .. doesn't change the fact that bisping is a slimy prick ...
+3
Old 03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I know that a knee to a downed opponent is illegal but Jorge should protect himself at all times.
HUH?????????????

So when Matt gets kicked in the balls it's partially Matt's fault for not "protecting himself at all times"???????????

I don't think any fighter should have to protect himself from an illegal blow. Ever.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
+4

Quote:
Okay I agree with you that the knee was intentional and that Mike shouldn't have thrown the knee.

But come on back in the pride days people would get kneed and soccer kicked in the head an still be able to win fights.

I know that a knee to a downed opponent is illegal but Jorge should protect himself at all times.

I agree Everyone has a punchers chance in this sport.
Yes, in Pride it was legal, and was usually a show-stopper.

As for "he should protect himself at all times", he was protected from a knee to the head. By rule, being down is a protection ,that's why fighters will drop a hand to the mat when caught in a front arm-in headlock.

Besides, trying to blame Jorge's "lack of defense" for Mike's illegal knee is ridiculous. If Mike had eye-gouged him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had bit him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had cup-checked him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had knifed him (ok, hyperbole, I know), would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
+4

Yes, in Pride it was legal, and was usually a show-stopper.

As for "he should protect himself at all times", he was protected from a knee to the head. By rule, being down is a protection ,that's why fighters will drop a hand to the mat when caught in a front arm-in headlock.

Besides, trying to blame Jorge's "lack of defense" for Mike's illegal knee is ridiculous. If Mike had eye-gouged him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had bit him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had cup-checked him, would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself? If Mike had knifed him (ok, hyperbole, I know), would Jorge also be at fault for not protecting himself?
HA HA HA HA HA HA you are Hilarious VCURamFan

The Fact here is Rivera got stopped took a well deserved knee to the head and I loved it.

Now I understand you hate Bisping and I respect that

Lets just be friends and move on to new an better things.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
HUH?????????????

So when Matt gets kicked in the balls it's partially Matt's fault for not "protecting himself at all times"???????????

I don't think any fighter should have to protect himself from an illegal blow. Ever.
Well according to some people Matt should have stopped fighting gotten his bonus and asked for a rematch.

I understand Michael was at fault for the illegal knee. I just don't think he should apologize and regardless of the knee he was going to win the fight.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Well according to some people Matt should have stopped fighting gotten his bonus and asked for a rematch.

I understand Michael was at fault for the illegal knee. I just don't think he should apologize and regardless of the knee he was going to win the fight.
There's a difference, though, between the damage caused by a knee to the groin & a knee to the head. You can recover from a cup check if given a few minutes. You can't recover from a concussion in a few minutes.

Why shouldn't he apologize for throwing an illegal strike? I mean, he broke the rules & should apologize for that, right? I'm not saying that he didn't have a right to be mad about the vids jorge posted (that's up to him), but he certainly didn't have the right to break the rules & spit on/at/near/next to (whatever) someone.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Lets just be friends and move on to new an better things.
O, whoops, just saw this, my bad!

Not trying to spin out the argument, I'm happy to give it a rest now.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
O, whoops, just saw this, my bad!

Not trying to spin out the argument, I'm happy to give it a rest now.
Its okay

Now I cant wait for the Fitch vs BJ rematch where Fitch will beat BJ again.
3 months later BJ will move up to MW and beat Akiyama where he will earn a shot at Anderson Silva.

LOL jk ill stop know. But its going to happen believe me.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

OK, I literally just found this & it was too perfect for this thread to pass up :