Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Great video.

I'm torn regarding Evans... I really enjoy the funny, articulate, respectful guy that was in this interview. I really hate the trash talking, ghetto acting punk that he is other times. So I'm really not sure if I could call myself a fan or not.

BUT... with regards to the recent events I honestly don't see how people are finding fault with Evans or Jackson. I don't think either one of them did anything wrong.

It takes 2 people to make a fight. Evans isn't a victim, he has the choice not to fight Jones. It's not like he's being forced.

Every fighter or at least MOST fighters out there want to fight the best. Are coaches/trainers any different? Don't they want to train the best? Jones is pretty amazing and even his haters (if he has any) have to admit that. If Jackson had/has an opportunity to train him he would be an idiot to turn that down.

This whole thing is unfortunate on many counts but not all unfortunate situations are somebody's fault. Sometimes they just happen.
+100
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Greg's resposne to all this (in an interview with Ben Fowlkes from MMAFighting.com):

Quote:
"I love Rashad to death. I'm not sure why he's angry at me. I guess I can see from a perspective, that isn't really the way it is, why he's angry, but I don't have any animosity towards him. I've always tried to help him out. I was with him right after he won that reality show all the way to his world title. I'm not sure what it is."

"The thing with Rashad is, he said he was okay with Jon coming on the team. I felt that Jon did the wrong thing by saying he would fight Rashad. But once they signed to fight, I'm staying out of it. I'm not choosing Rashad over Jon Jones or Jon Jones over Rashad; I'm staying out of the entire thing. Everybody signed on to [Jon] being on the team. It wasn't like I brought him on with these evil intentions. I bring a lot of training partners on to the team who are in the same weight class. For instance, Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard, Clay Guida all these guys are in the same division."

"I'm not sure what it is. Maybe [it's the situation], but Rashad is coming straight at me, [saying] 'Greg Jackson did this and Greg Jackson did that.' I'm the one that's not choosing. I'm staying neutral. I'm not going to tell you you can't fight. You're both grown-ass men. I'm not the boss of either of you, and I'm not your dad."