Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
his test came back with a higher than normal ratio of testosterone to estrogen ... which is what raised the flag ... true you cannot tell testosterone levels from urine but from blood ... his urine levels showed a high t/e levels ... sonnen did show reports of his blood levels in the low to medium range, but if you watched the hearing, you could see that sonnens team didn't have their stuff together and were all over the place ... the csac didn't do a blood test to determine this, all they had to show was that according to their tests, sonnen had higher levels of test to estrogen in his urine which was one of the reasons he was suspended.
Your statement really has me confused. First you say test can't be told from urine, then all other statements mention test in urine.

Not all doping is determined through just urine or just blood tests. Both tests need to be done to best catch all doping types. An example is 1-testosterone which is best tested using a urine sample rather than a blood sample.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Love how you stand by him anyway. Seriously.

I actually think the knee was WAY worse than the spit. The knee, potentially, affected the outcome of the fight. The spit was a classless act but had no bearing on the fight result.
Let's just hope Rivera gets a chance to avenge his So-called tainted loss.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Your statement really has me confused. First you say test can't be told from urine, then all other statements mention test in urine.

Not all doping is determined through just urine or just blood tests. Both tests need to be done to best catch all doping types. An example is 1-testosterone which is best tested using a urine sample rather than a blood sample.
his levels of testosterone to estrogen were higher than normal ... which means he either had high levels of testosterone, or normal levels of testosterone and low levels of estrogen ... the csac test doesn't determine the level of testosterone, just the level in comparison to estrogen ... a blood test will determine exactly how high the levels of testosterone ... sonnens blood tests that he brought to the hearing all showed normal levels, but he didn't have all the records with him ...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
bisping wins that fight 10 out of 10 times .. but in that fight, the knee definitely changed the fight ... rivera shouldn't have continued, got his win bonus (if he has one) and rematched the fight for another paycheque ... but he didn't .. doesn't change the fact that bisping is a slimy prick ...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Javi, Bisping has no one but himself to blame for that. I don't know of anyone that thought Jorge had more than a puncher's chance in that fight and he certainly wasn't proving anyone wrong during that first round. However, Bisping clearly threw an obviously illegal knee and Jorge's performance was noticeably decreased afterwards.

Please allow me to be clear: though I was rooting for Jorge, I had no illusions that this was a comparable match-up (the UFC was feeding Mike another can for bolster his record). I didn't expect him to win by anything other than flash KO, but be that as it may, the course (not necessarily outcome) of the fight was unarguably altered by that knee.

It's like GSP's greasing situation: I don't think that he needed that. I think he would have won regardless, but we'll never know what would have happened because what did happen was illegal. It's tainted. Period.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
his levels of testosterone to estrogen were higher than normal ... which means he either had high levels of testosterone, or normal levels of testosterone and low levels of estrogen ... the csac test doesn't determine the level of testosterone, just the level in comparison to estrogen ... a blood test will determine exactly how high the levels of testosterone ... sonnens blood tests that he brought to the hearing all showed normal levels, but he didn't have all the records with him ...
Gotcha now, I was just confused when you said the levels couldn't be told from a urine test, then you said they found irregular levels with respect to estrogen in his urine, lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Javi, Bisping has no one but himself to blame for that. I don't know of anyone that thought Jorge had more than a puncher's chance in that fight and he certainly wasn't proving anyone wrong during that first round. However, Bisping clearly threw an obviously illegal knee and Jorge's performance was noticeably decreased afterwards.

Please allow me to be clear: though I was rooting for Jorge, I had no illusions that this was a comparable match-up (the UFC was feeding Mike another can for bolster his record). I didn't expect him to win by anything other than flash KO, but be that as it may, the course (not necessarily outcome) of the fight was unarguably altered by that knee.

It's like GSP's greasing situation: I don't think that he needed that. I think he would have won regardless, but we'll never know what would have happened because what did happen was illegal. It's tainted. Period.
Okay.

Let's be honest we all know what would have happened.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Okay.

Let's be honest we all know what probably would have happened.
Fixed. I hate to be the cliche machine (without Mike Goldberg, I guess I'll fill in ), but what's on paper doesn't matter: there's a reason we actually have the fights. You can't deny the power in Jorge's hands & the possibility that he could have caught Mike & floored him.

When that knee landed, it severly & illegaly handicapped Jorge to the point that the fight should have been stopped.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Fixed. I hate to be the cliche machine (without Mike Goldberg, I guess I'll fill in ), but what's on paper doesn't matter: there's a reason we actually have the fights. You can't deny the power in Jorge's hands & the possibility that he could have caught Mike & floored him.

When that knee landed, it severly & illegaly handicapped Jorge to the point that the fight should have been stopped.

Okay I agree with you that the knee was intentional and that Mike shouldn't have thrown the knee.

But come on back in the pride days people would get kneed and soccer kicked in the head an still be able to win fights.

I know that a knee to a downed opponent is illegal but Jorge should protect himself at all times.

I agree Everyone has a punchers chance in this sport.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
bisping wins that fight 10 out of 10 times .. but in that fight, the knee definitely changed the fight ... rivera shouldn't have continued, got his win bonus (if he has one) and rematched the fight for another paycheque ... but he didn't .. doesn't change the fact that bisping is a slimy prick ...
pretty much dead on there...