Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, I want to see this one even more than Silva/GSP now.

Silva/GSP, I'm going with Silva; Silva/Jones, I'm going with Jones.
Oh yea! GSP/Anderson is nothing compared to this. We already know GSP is going to be slaughtered.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 03-20-2011, 10:47 PM

Jon Jones is amazing!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
billwilliams70

I give Evans a better shot than Rua had, but I still think he loses to Jones. Jones is just crazy good right now.

Also, does anyone know what discipline Faber got his brown belt in? From where I sat, it didn't appear that he did anything to earn his next level belt for BJJ (if that's what it was for).....maybe I'm wrong though......can someone enlighten me?

Later.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I give Evans a better shot than Rua had, but I still think he loses to Jones. Jones is just crazy good right now.

Also, does anyone know what discipline Faber got his brown belt in? From where I sat, it didn't appear that he did anything to earn his next level belt for BJJ (if that's what it was for).....maybe I'm wrong though......can someone enlighten me?

Later.
The Only reason why if any, as minimal as it could be I think Rashad might have a chance is because of their so called friendship!

But I am sure Jones is going to finish him.
The one thing we will find out is how Jones does on his back.
I'm Sure Rashad is going for the takedown ASAP and pulling the Gray Maynard Technique! (Hold on for dear life and pray that the ref dosn't stand them up)

I think Faber earned his belt because of his previous victories. I don't think you have to necessarily pull a mind blowing submission during a fight to get a belt. Do you? I always had the impression that the fighters earned their belt in training.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think Faber earned his belt because of his previous victories. I don't think you have to necessarily pull a mind blowing submission during a fight to get a belt. Do you? I always had the impression that the fighters earned their belt in training.
I got the feeling it was kinda a situation where they felt he had earned it already, but wanted to give it to him on the big stage, ya know?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I got the feeling it was kinda a situation where they felt he had earned it already, but wanted to give it to him on the big stage, ya know?
I agree Faber is Awesome and he always brings it win or lose.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. He must have already earned it because he didn't show any BJJ in that fight. Great fight, but he did it all with wrestling and boxing.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:07 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
The Only reason why if any, as minimal as it could be I think Rashad might have a chance is because of their so called friendship!

I'm Sure Rashad is going for the takedown ASAP and pulling the Gray Maynard Technique! (Hold on for dear life and pray that the ref dosn't stand them up)

I know that Jones was focused on Saturday night, but he didn't seem too 'friendly' when Evans was in the Octagon. He's certainly not gonna be talkin' about any black on black crimes like Rampage did.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Makes sense on both accounts (DLC & VCU)regarding the belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I was thinking the same thing. He must have already earned it because he didn't show any BJJ in that fight. Great fight, but he did it all with wrestling and boxing.
Ha, that's funny stuff, I don't care who you are.

Later.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LDS7FzzFoQ

its my recap video
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 AM
cds

Quote:
I think your dreaming if you think Rashad is gonna take Jones down. Jones toyed with Hamil, Vera, and Bader....Rashad will have nothing for Jones. I see the Jones/Rashad fight looking very similar to the Jones/Hamil fight.