Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
OK! For awhile I thought that maybe Obama gave what little courage we had left to the French!
Thats one Export that the French can never except, from anyone, or anything
Old 03-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Crisco

Apparently Sarkozy was really friendly with their regime. They where threatening to air his dirty laundry including their funding of his campaign for president... Maybe that's why he jumped so fast trying to silence them.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM
CAVEMAN

Where are the far left liberals? Where are the protests? Why has there not been a march on Washington? Where are the people that demonized GWB for taking military action against a dictator?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Where are the far left liberals? Where are the protests? Why has there not been a march on Washington? Where are the people that demonized GWB for taking military action against a dictator?

They will come if the attack isnt sufficient to oust Gadaffi...then they shall pretend they were never in favour to begin with.

Protests of this nature only happen with boredum compounded by troop deaths. IF Iraq really had been over after the land invasion, and almost no troops were lost, there would have been no protests....but...three years on and certain sections of society are pretending that they never asked for the war in the first place.

At least the UN, and lots of the Europeans were against it from the start, and all the way through...The American Protestors CHANGED THEIR MINDS when their countries forces hit stumbling blocks.

Im proud to say that I protested BEFORE the commencement...and then didnt bother once the conflict had begun. Its too late to change your mind three years in. Once they entered the ball game changed, and IMHO, they left BEFORE their time.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

Everyone is holding their breath right now. Obama won the Oval Office on a campaign of how terribly it was for Bush to get us mired down in the Middle East. Now suddenly Obama's faced with the exact same situation & he has to prove that there is a better way to do things. If he can't he will effectually be proving himself ignorant of world politics. If he can, however, his stock skyrockets & he's got a good shot at a second term.

That being said, things are beginning to look remarkably similar to Shock & Awe: the UN (who's supposed to be in love with Obama) is withdrawing support.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

speaking of which...perhaps those who are in support of the Military would care to watch this video. Its the story of a Man who died fighting for his country, and a 50 year search to find him.

Dont worry...Its unedited at present, but once ive edited it I will host it in its own thread...YES its a FIFTEEN MIN VIDEO...but its a story that deserves to be heard...and its told by my Nan who went on a hunt for her childhood sweetheart when he didnt come back from the World War Two Thousand Bomber Raids on Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wW58-3qSQ

I hope you get something out of this both tragic...and yet enlightening tale
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

In recent days, the disturbing news coming from Libya has awakened in me fear and trepidation. I made a ​​special prayer to the Lord during the week of Spiritual Exercises. I am now following recent events with great apprehension. I pray for those involved in the dramatic situation in that country and make an urgent appeal to all political and military leaders involved to have first and foremost in their heart the safety and security of citizens and to ensure access to humanitarian aid. To the people I want to assure my heartfelt closeness, and I ask God that an horizon of peace and harmony arises as soon as possible in Libya and the entire North African region

Special Announcement from His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, Bishop of Rome
Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:

*sound of crickets*