Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1001  
Old 03-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So after trying on 67 dresses...yes 67...and finding something wrong with all of them, my daughter finally came down to 2 that she loved...and after all that shopping, I was ready to be finished-so we bought both!

One she'll wear to prom--the other she'll probably wear in our town's Harvest Festival queen pageant-as she's decided to compete this year.

She's taking her driver's test today--send her up a little prayer if you would, that she's not terribly nervous and is able to do her best.
Then, if she passes...send up LOTS of prayers for her momma...who will be a nervous wreck every time she leaves the house!
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
So after trying on 67 dresses...yes 67...and finding something wrong with all of them, my daughter finally came down to 2 that she loved...and after all that shopping, I was ready to be finished-so we bought both!

One she'll wear to prom--the other she'll probably wear in our town's Harvest Festival queen pageant-as she's decided to compete this year.

She's taking her driver's test today--send her up a little prayer if you would, that she's not terribly nervous and is able to do her best.
Then, if she passes...send up LOTS of prayers for her momma...who will be a nervous wreck every time she leaves the house!
ohmygoodness I can relate to what you wrote!!!! I only wish we lived closer together so that could have shared the joy!!!!!

The last time I dress shopped with my daughter I joked with the sales girl that they should serve wine to all the mothers and have comfortable chairs in the dressing rooms! THAT would make the experience a WHOLE lot more enjoyable!!! And the last time I went shopping with Jessie I let her buy three dresses, so that we wouldn't HAVE to dress shop for a long, long time!!!!

The driving test........wow......I will certainly pray for her and her momma. God bless you! I will be in that position in about 2 years and I'm not looking forward to it! Just give it up to God!
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

Excited & exhausted.

These past 5 days have been the greatest in my life as a Ram Fan. The only way it could have been any better is if Matt had KOed GSP Saturday night. Needless to say, I'm extremely short on sleep right & am fitting a bit of a headache, but I'm too amped up to care!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

She passed her driver's test!

She will be restricted (by me!) to driving to school and back for a while and with no passengers. My parents seemed so nonchalant when I got my license..like they were just glad they would't have to drive me anymore--I'm a wreck! (of course, she's my first, and I was the last of 4--they were probably too tired to care by then)

Her father and I had bought her a car for her 16th birthday in October...so she's off and running...yikes!
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
She passed her driver's test!

She will be restricted (by me!) to driving to school and back for a while and with no passengers. My parents seemed so nonchalant when I got my license..like they were just glad they would't have to drive me anymore--I'm a wreck! (of course, she's my first, and I was the last of 4--they were probably too tired to care by then)

Her father and I had bought her a car for her 16th birthday in October...so she's off and running...yikes!

that is great. i know you are worried but i'm sure she had a good driving teacher so she'll be fine. that is awesome she got a car already! a car and 2 dresses?? lucky girl!!
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
She passed her driver's test!

She will be restricted (by me!) to driving to school and back for a while and with no passengers. My parents seemed so nonchalant when I got my license..like they were just glad they would't have to drive me anymore--I'm a wreck! (of course, she's my first, and I was the last of 4--they were probably too tired to care by then)

Her father and I had bought her a car for her 16th birthday in October...so she's off and running...yikes!
She sounds like a smart cookie!! It will be ok sounds like you have a good plan..Wishing you and her all the best!
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Excited & exhausted.

These past 5 days have been the greatest in my life as a Ram Fan. The only way it could have been any better is if Matt had KOed GSP Saturday night. Needless to say, I'm extremely short on sleep right & am fitting a bit of a headache, but I'm too amped up to care!!!
Get some blasted sleep! All I did this weekend was sleep. I only got up to go potty and to stuff my face.. Literally I was only awake in 2hr increments.. I did not even go watch the fights.. I relied on people texting me the results and twitter!! lol..
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

My little brother's about to turn 16 in May & I'm terrified!

I mean, I know everyone always makes that joke & "Haha, you're so young, why are they letting you drive", etc., but for crying out loud, I was already in Little League before he was born. How the eff is he old enough to take charge of a 2 ton killing machine already????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
My little brother's about to turn 16 in May & I'm terrified!

I mean, I know everyone always makes that joke & "Haha, you're so young, why are they letting you drive", etc., but for crying out loud, I was already in Little League before he was born. How the eff is he old enough to take charge of a 2 ton killing machine already????
Exactly! This kid can't even remember to put the lid back on the milk before she puts it in the fridge--how will she remember to watch for careless drivers...stop at train tracks...slow down around the stinking curves????
Reply With Quote