Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default I dont know what to call this thread

Okay...what I'm going to say is probably going to sound...very strange to some people...but I have to tell someone...If you dont believe what I am about to say, or the links I made then thats your opinion, but you wont change my mind.

About two weeks ago I went walking in the woods, its a place I often go for spiritual reasons, I feel more able to think and pray away from people, and on my own, burried within Nature then any time else. I actually saw an Owl, an Owl that was hooting. If any of you have ever known or read the very small amount I post about my personal relationship with GOD, you will know that birds figure quite deeply, because they are a sign to me that I am loved. You will also know they tend to appear, before something spiritual happens in my development. mostly they just bring comfort, they do not mean success or reward. They would have a knack of being front page newspaper articals, the same day I would get rejected from a Job I really wanted...or something like that.

Owls became the most commonly used Sign. So when I saw, with my own eyes, the wild owl and watched it for a bit, I had a feeling that sometime over the holiday something would occure, maybe big, maybe small, that I could look back on and see as some Key Spiritual Development, or something I could draw comfort from

Last night when I went to bed, I started to dream almost right away. I was just enveloped in darkness, which at first seemed quite pleasent. I became aware of chanting, which again seemed quite pleasent. But over time this chanting got louder and faster, and started sounding very disjointed, it morphed from something which sounded like Gregorian Chant, into something that sounded like spells and incantations. I discovered that I was seemingly saying the words of this chant aswell, without knowing what I was saying, and I couldnt stop myself from saying it.

Thats when I got a little bit frightened, and woke up with a jolt.

I went back to sleep, and the same dream began to happen again, except there was more voices, and more chanting, and then some other voice over the top, which wasnt really speaking, audibly, but never the less, I could understand what this presence wanted, and it was alligience. It wasnt asking for loyalty, it was demanding it, and was forcing me into speaking all this crap. I was in tears within my dream because I couldnt stop.

with a jolt I woke up again, to find I really was crying...but also, that I really WAS speaking, and that whatever was in my dream, was real, and in my room aswell. It sort of...shimmered but in a grisly way, and I think there was the sound of flapping wings and the likes...by this point I didnt know if I was still awake, or had gone back to sleep.

Thats when something in me...whilst my mouth was still chattering away, called out to Jesus for Help. I have almost never been that terrified before.

I dont remember much after that, except that all most right away, the noises of the chanting, and the presence I had felt began to dissapate...and dissapate is a good word to use...like fade out. They were replaced with darkness again, but it was a warming darkness.

I then woke up, and went to my parents and discussed it with them and prayed with them about it. To find myself, waking up in my bed. Soooo that I actually had not gone to my parents and prayed with them..but had dreamt that I had.

After that I went to bed and had another dream, but that was perfectly normal, and once I woke in the Morning, I felt very refreshed and happy. I then went to meet my Sister...and we went to church...and the opening hymn really struck me...it was only then that I had realized that it was the first Sunday of Lent...and the whole topic was about how Christ was Tempted by the Devil.

"and if Satan, Vexing sore,
flesh or spirit would assail,
thou, his vanquisher before,
grant we may not faint now fail

so shall we have peace divine,
holier gladness ours shall be,
round us too shall angels shine,
such as ministered to thee.

Keep, O Keep us, Saviour dear,
ever constant by thy side
that with thee we may appear
at the Eternal Eastertide

...the hymn during the communion itself was Be Thou My Vision...whose words also include:

"Be thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight
be thou my whole armour, be thous my true might
be thou my sould shelter, be thou my strong tower
O raise thou me heavenward, great power of my power"

This is the first time this sort of thing has ever happened to me. But not the first time it has happened to one of my Family. in 1997 my Grandfather died of Cancer, and in early 1998, his wife, my Nan (who still lives) was diagnosed with cancer also. She awoke one night to hear laughter in her room, that wouldnt go away, and a presence, with a voice who told her that just like her Husband had died, now she was going to go through all the same herself. She did a very similar thing to what I did. She invoked Christs name, and the laughter cut out most abruptly....she's since been clear of cancer well over ten years.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Dethbob

That is some epic spiritual warfare. I知 not sure what to say, other than I知 glad you池e OK and I値l pray for you!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
That is some epic spiritual warfare. I知 not sure what to say, other than I知 glad you池e OK and I値l pray for you!
Thank you for your prayers

Apparently, My Parents say they have both been attacked in such a manner. Not Regularly, but maybe once or twice over the years. My Father said the first time he actually encounted a Demon was the night after he was ellected to some position at The Christian Union of York University...he eventually ran for President.

I was always led to believe that the above kind of thing only happens to either Great Christian Leaders who have the ability to really damage the realm of Evil, and so they are a BIG threat.

OR

It occures to foolish heathen who have messed around with the occult in some way to find powers they dont understand, nor believed in, are real and prepared to bite them on the butt.

I am neither. I have done nothing to warrent such an attack. Sure, I post on this forum about Spiritual Issues...but ive been doing that for just over half a decade...I am not planning any evangelism...I am not doing anything exciting or big that will advance the Kingdom of GOD. BUT I am developing my relationship with Christ...which in the last year and a half has been an extraordinary journey of rapid change. I wonder if my giving extra time to Christ, and also to some of the Philanthropic Adventures I have planned for later in the year, to raise money for charities, has sent alarm bells ringing in the heavens, that I might be regarded as someone deserving of a frightening experience in the hope that I shut down

The thing is...I know my place. I am not powerful or influential or important. BUT I am willing to work for Christ, and He IS Powerful, Influential and Important...and whatsmore...He is MORE powerful and influential and important then anything Evil out there.

From my story, its obvious, I alone couldnt do anything to stop what happened. But the Moment I appealed to Christ HE Can step in and banish whatever it was that thought it alright to invade my privacy, my home, and my sleep. More on...I feel safer, and more empowered for having that experience...because now I KNOW from Experience...that using the name of Jesus Christ actually, litterally DOES have power. Why should I have a spirit of fear...when I dont just believe Christ will save me if in trouble...but KNOW and have had it prooved to me that Christ will make it all go away.

FAR from making me cry, or shudder...its now made me deliberatley want to go and do EXTRA just because I know that GOD cant and wont be stopped. The sky is the limit...and whereas I always have believed that before...and have had it prooved on a lesser scale...this was such a big event..that its absolute fact to me.

YES there is evil out there, more powerful then me. But Christ is out there also, and he is more powerful then them
Old 03-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Miss Foxy

This sounds very scary.. Sounds like some kind of demonic presence or something to that effect...The good thing is you know how to battle this.. Your faith is strong and shall be victorious against anything trying to scare you.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
This sounds very scary.. Sounds like some kind of demonic presence or something to that effect...The good thing is you know how to battle this.. Your faith is strong and shall be victorious against anything trying to scare you.
I dont know about that, What ever it was, I couldnt fight it, and it evidently paid no attention to my faith when it decided to attack. In Essence I was not victorious.

However I do have friends in high places Jesus is forever bailing me out of sticky situations...though on this level, it has to be said was truely a first, and GOD willing, and only also
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont know about that, What ever it was, I couldnt fight it, and it evidently paid no attention to my faith when it decided to attack. In Essence I was not victorious.

However I do have friends in high places Jesus is forever bailing me out of sticky situations...though on this level, it has to be said was truely a first, and GOD willing, and only also
Duh.. Either you were on shrooms or something wicked happened.. So your faith obviously when you called out to Jesus Dave.. Geesh..
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Duh.. Either you were on shrooms or something wicked happened.. So your faith obviously when you called out to Jesus Dave.. Geesh..
I was so skeered I didnt know what else to do

The whole episode was frightning...but when I woke up to find that this thing wasnt confined to my dream, but was actually...real.

Well the prayer kinda came naturally at that point...and its important to note, my prayer did not have any effect on the attacker. I did not have the faith required to Banish...I litterally just screamed for help. It was GOD who did the Banishing....

Now my Nan had more faith...When she was confronted by the demonic laughter and the voice that told her about the cancer...she told it to go in Chirsts name, and it went. I didnt do anything like that.

Either way...this isnt a power a person can wield...this is GODs power. I know that Angelic Host, in the perspective of creation are not very powerful...but in terms of our present position on Creations ladder...DONT BE FOOLED...you cant take one on without calling in the cavilry.

I did not take part in Spiritual Warfare...I was attacked, and called on my Friend to fight on my behalf.

It gives me more respect for stories like that of Abraham...Abraham who wrestled, litterally with an Angelic Host...alright so that was a being of Light and not Darkness...but one presumes that in terms of power, a host is a host, if its of the same Choir.

You wouldnt find me fighting a host like that
Old 03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

dude, owls are evil ... evil
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
dude, owls are evil ... evil
No they are not
Old 03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Miss Foxy