Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Bispings punishment

http://www.5thround.com/70636/dana-w...cs-at-ufc-127/
After intentionally unleashing an illegal knee to Jorge Rivera’s dome, spitting in the direction of Rivera’s corner and taunting his mortal enemy in his battered face, UFC president Dana White hit Michael Bisping back where it hurt the most – in his pocketbook.

“I talked to Mike,” White told MMAFighting. “I’m not the athletic commission, they are the ones who impose fines and do all these other things. But what I did to Michael Bisping – not a lot of people know, but a lot of fighters know. The fighters who fight for me know exactly what I’m saying when I say this, Mike Bisping didn’t get a bonus.

“He was not bonused for the fight, and believe me, it’s worse than anything that anyone else could have done.”
White is likely alluding to confiscating Bisping’s ‘Win Bonus’ for his impressive 2ndRound TKO victory on February 27th.

UFC 127 took place in Sydney, Australia and was overseen by the Combat Sports Authority of New South Wales. The UFC was not required to release the athletes’ paydays, as customary with all shows that take place in America.

The last time Bisping posted a win stateside, he was paid $190,000 for his victory over Dan Miller at UFC 114. That total included a $15k win bonus.

White reiterated his belief that Bisping intentionally threw the illegal knee in the opening round and meant to hit Rivera’s cornermen when he hocked his loogie. Bisping had previously denied doing either, but “didn’t even go there” when he and White had their powwow.

“I let him know what I thought about it and what I expect from him in the future,” White said in closing.

No word on when Bisping will return to action.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Props to D-Dubs.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Miss Foxy

I think it's fair... Getting someone in the pocketbook is the way to go Dana!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
“I talked to Mike,” White told MMAFighting. “I’m not the athletic commission, they are the ones who impose fines and do all these other things. But what I did to Michael Bisping – not a lot of people know, but a lot of fighters know. The fighters who fight for me know exactly what I’m saying when I say this, Mike Bisping didn’t get a bonus.
I was re-reading this article & I don't think Dana meant the Win bonus. Mike's contractually gauranteed that money. I think Dana was referencing the mythical "Locker Room Bonuses" that the UFC infamously doles out in order to pay the fighters a much higher amount than they're recquire disclose, thus making it much toughre for other promotions to poach talent (since they would be aiming at the wrong dollar mark).
Old 03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I was re-reading this article & I don't think Dana meant the Win bonus. Mike's contractually gauranteed that money. I think Dana was referencing the mythical "Locker Room Bonuses" that the UFC infamously doles out in order to pay the fighters a much higher amount than they're recquire disclose, thus making it much toughre for other promotions to poach talent (since they would be aiming at the wrong dollar mark).
“He was not bonused for the fight, and believe me, it’s worse than anything that anyone else could have done.”White is likely alluding to confiscating Bisping’s ‘Win Bonus’ for his impressive 2ndRound TKO victory on February 27th.
I will keep my eyes peeled to see if any more on this topic so we know exactly what bonus Dana is referring to..
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Chuck

Quote:
[I]“I talked to Mike,” White told MMAFighting. “I’m not the athletic commission, they are the ones who impose fines and do all these other things. But what I did to Michael Bisping – not a lot of people know, but a lot of fighters know. The fighters who fight for me know exactly what I’m saying when I say this, Mike Bisping didn’t get a bonus.
The part of Dana's quote I bolded makes me believe he's not referring to the win bonus but probably to a "locker room" bonus we aren't privy to know about. We all know about the various public bonuses.. KOTN, FOTN and the win bonuses but it's long been rumored that the UFC pays out substantial locker room bonuses that we don't know about for various reasons.

My guess is that is the bonus Dana is talking about and it was probably a lot more than 15K imo.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
ROFL!!! Great minds think alike brother!! You beat me to it.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The part of Dana's quote I bolded makes me believe he's not referring to the win bonus but probably to a "locker room" bonus we aren't privy to know about. We all know about the various public bonuses.. KOTN, FOTN and the win bonuses but it's long been rumored that the UFC pays out substantial locker room bonuses that we don't know about for various reasons.

My guess is that is the bonus Dana is talking about and it was probably a lot more than 15K imo.
Whatever bonus he is talking about is fine.. It's a better penalty than kicking him out IMO.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
“He was not bonused for the fight, and believe me, it’s worse than anything that anyone else could have done.”White is likely alluding to confiscating Bisping’s ‘Win Bonus’ for his impressive 2ndRound TKO victory on February 27th.
I will keep my eyes peeled to see if any more on this topic so we know exactly what bonus Dana is referring to..
That's just the author's opinion. I think he's either ignorant of, or forgotten about, the LR Bonuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
ROFL!!! Great minds think alike brother!! You beat me to it.
I'm always faster, Chuck!

O, wait.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

dana has still yet to use up bisping for all he is worth ... it would be stupid to punish a guy who has market value by not fighting him or letting him go .. save some cash on the bonus and make him feel stupid by saying he feels he threw the knee intentionally and that he did spit on the guy ... dana rules ...