Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Administrator

What do you mean by open hand? what do you mean divide over?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
What do you mean by open hand? what do you mean divide over?
I think by "open hand" he's referring to the non-essentials of the faith. The Church should never allow itself to be divided over the non-essentials.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think by "open hand" he's referring to the non-essentials of the faith. The Church should never allow itself to be divided over the non-essentials.
I understand that is what he is saying, but I think Baptism being for the saved or for infants and the saved is an essential.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I understand that is what he is saying, but I think Baptism being for the saved or for infants and the saved is an essential.
I disagree. I don't think that being incorrect about infant/conversion baptism threatens your salvation.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Crisco

Are there really people who believe that baptising an infant rly effects its salvation?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I disagree. I don't think that being incorrect about infant/conversion baptism threatens your salvation.
??? What? Um, not sure where that came from bro. I didnt say that.
What I am saying is, Who baptism is for, is worth getting stirred up over. The #1 priority of the church should be salvation of ones soul, after that, the things that Christ appointed us to do should be done right. I never said that the belief in or non belief in infant baptism threatens ones salvation.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Rev

Quote:
Millions of them
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Quote:
Quote:
??? What? Um, not sure where that came from bro. I didnt say that.
What I am saying is, Who baptism is for, is worth getting stirred up over. The #1 priority of the church should be salvation of ones soul, after that, the things that Christ appointed us to do should be done right. I never said that the belief in or non belief in infant baptism threatens ones salvation.
Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted what you meant by "essential". I thought you meant "essential to salvation". I agree that it is an important issue that needs to be very seriously considered.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Rev

Quote:
Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted what you meant by "essential". I thought you meant "essential to salvation". I agree that it is an important issue that needs to be very seriously considered.
LOL. Come on man!! Have I left myself that open for misuderstanding? I am VERY devout to what the WORD says and not what man says. How could you even think I could believe that?! My feelings are hurt. I need to go take a walk now and think about my life.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius