Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey it's a new drinking game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time Dana says "Business as usual" you take a shot!
Every time he says "Scott Coker" you take a drink of beer.

3 minutes into the video you'll be unconscious!!!!

Sooner or later the UFC will need to develop a minor league... I think this is probably going to be the first step towards that.

Wonder how soon until Diaz is in the UFC?
I would love to see Nick Diaz fight in the UFC again BUT Dana has said he would not "play the game". Guess we will all have to sit back and see what happens.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
If this is true, there are going to be a lot of fighters looking for somewhere else to fight. It there any chance Strikeforce went under because their "top dog" Fedor lost another fight? Remember what happened when Kimbo got KTFO, seems like the same deal here.
That's what make the UFC great.. they market the brand.. not the individual.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
That's what make the UFC great.. they market the brand.. not the individual.
Total monopoly isnt good for the viewership though.

Besides...ive yet to see them manage to actually market anything other then the general UFC brand...they arent like Virgin...a company who has a huge monopoly in many different markets, and in each market they look different.

WEC ended up becoming like the UFC and then vanished...Pride was asset stripped. White is too anal to let Scott actually run anything...as soon as Scott does something White dissagrees with...

...you watch...this will end in tears if its true IMHO
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Paul Daley not sure if he wants to fight for Strikeforce after UFC buyout

Looks like we may get to see Paul fired AGAIN...

Dan Beat up Bisping again...

and possibly Fedor/Randy.. anyone still want to see that fight???

Quote:
Rewind the clock to UFC 113 on May 8, 2010. The co-main event of the evening was a welterweight title eliminator bout pitting notorious loudmouth Josh Koscheck against Paul Daley.

"Kos" used his superior wrestling to grapple his way to a unanimous decision win and an eventual shot against Georges St. Pierre. The war of words between the AKA fighter and "Semtex" continued throughout the bout and came to a head when the final horn sounded.

Daley, so frustrated at his loss and the various trash talk, sucker punched Koscheck and was subsequently kicked out of the UFC. Company President Dana White commented at the time that the British banger would never again fight for his promotion, something he reiterated today.

As it turns out, Daley might not have any interest in working for Mr. White again -- even if that means forfeiting his upcoming welterweight title shot against Nick Diaz on April 9 in San Jose. He took to the Underground to voice his thoughts (and frustrations) on the situation earlier today:

"Business as usual, what if i dont wanna fight for DANA WHITE/ZUFFA?......Dana white bans me for life from the UFC, Then buys STRIKEFORCE, and thinks im still gonna be EASY and fight on one of the most anticipated fights of the year (vs Diaz)? Which will no doubt make ZUFFA/Dana White money. Daley vs Diaz still on?.....Someone better holla at my manager real quick."

Trouble in paradise? That's not all he had to say.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

this is great news .. i am not a guy that likes monopolies, but zuffa (dana) is the best for mma .. he has gotten most of the doors open .. yeah, lots of people don't like him, but if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching mma 3 or 4 times a year instead of multiple times a month .. WAR DANA!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Dude, this is friggin' huge news! Man, I'm glad I decided to check the news site real quick as I was eating, or else I never would have heard about this. Here are the three things I want to see come out of this:
  1. Title unifications. Once a year the UFC champ vs. The SF champ for the Zuffa belt.
  2. Pat commentating in the UFC. Best threesome in announcing, hands down. If Pat's OK with smacking Moron into place, he'll handle Goldie & Joe no problem.
  3. Pat Miletich in the HoF. 1st WW champ, coach of 4 eventual champs & now a fantastic commentator.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Administrator

it will be interesting to see what the ufc does with strikeforce. hope they keep the organization around and dont do a pride thing. first thing i thought of was Pat getting his foot in the door to do something. also Robbie might be able to move over to the ufc. very interesting...
Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Looks like we may get to see Paul fired AGAIN...

Dan Beat up Bisping again...

and possibly Fedor/Randy.. anyone still want to see that fight???
That all sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes View Post
it will be interesting to see what the ufc does with strikeforce. hope they keep the organization around and dont do a pride thing. first thing i thought of was Pat getting his foot in the door to do something. also Robbie might be able to move over to the ufc. very interesting...
I hope that happens too.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:24 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

While I can't blame Dana for taking the opportunity he obviously got I was hoping for more MMA shows/orgs not less! While a monopoly may be good for the owner its usually not the best for customers or employee's!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dude, this is friggin' huge news! Man, I'm glad I decided to check the news site real quick as I was eating, or else I never would have heard about this. Here are the three things I want to see come out of this:
  1. Title unifications. Once a year the UFC champ vs. The SF champ for the Zuffa belt.
  2. Pat commentating in the UFC. Best threesome in announcing, hands down. If Pat's OK with smacking Moron into place, he'll handle Goldie & Joe no problem.
  3. Pat Miletich in the HoF. 1st WW champ, coach of 4 eventual champs & now a fantastic commentator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes View Post

I've been firing to see Pat back in the UFC, even just as a cornerman, ever since that IFL beef that Dana created. Man, I'm really excited about this.

One question for everyone: Does Paul Daley get fired from SF now?