Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: Should Jens Pulver be added to the UFC Hall of Fame
YES 14 53.85%
NO 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

as much as i like jens i voted no. hes a great guy and a great FIGHTER. by fighter i mean he comes to fight not just compete in the sport of mma. he is a better fighter than most of the champs in the ufc today. that being said i just dont think he has had enough accomplishments in the ufc to justify him being in the hof. sorry dave
Old 03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
as much as i like jens i voted no. hes a great guy and a great FIGHTER. by fighter i mean he comes to fight not just compete in the sport of mma. he is a better fighter than most of the champs in the ufc today. that being said i just dont think he has had enough accomplishments in the ufc to justify him being in the hof. sorry dave
I also voted no. It was not to be a jerk to you Dave either just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I saw no.. because while he was the first to win the LHW title... (LHW????).. he has publicly put down the UFC.. and the management...

and his hypocrisy in his actions are really a bad "ambassador" for the sport...
Ken Shamrock and Randy Couture have had it out with the UFC brass too. I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here but, I would say that Tito Ortiz is worthy of HOF status in the UFC, and he's had it out with Dana more than anybody. Plenty of HOF members of other sports leagues have also done and said questionable things, but it doesn't change their accomplishments.

Nothing against Pulver at all, but if an argument for Jens can be made with an MMA record of 23-14 with only 8 fights in the UFC, so can one for Frank at 23-10 with 5 fights in the UFC. Especially if the bulk of the argument is based on being the first to win a specific title.

Honestly, I say they both should be recognized, however neither one really measures up to the level of Matt, Chuck, or Randy who are truly deserving of the status on all accounts.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Ken Shamrock and Randy Couture have had it out with the UFC brass too. I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here but, I would say that Tito Ortiz is worthy of HOF status in the UFC, and he's had it out with Dana more than anybody. Plenty of HOF members of other sports leagues have also done and said questionable things, but it doesn't change their accomplishments.

Randy's deal was money.. and he had issues with Dana.. Not the whole of the UFC...

Tito in the HOF??? What has really done to earn that?? Won some fights.. and ducked Chuck..

Quote:
Nothing against Pulver at all, but if an argument for Jens can be made with an MMA record of 23-14 with only 8 fights in the UFC, so can one for Frank at 23-10 with 5 fights in the UFC. Especially if the bulk of the argument is based on being the first to win a specific title. .
Very good point there...

Quote:
Honestly, I say they both should be recognized, however neither one really measures up to the level of Matt, Chuck, or Randy who are truly deserving of the status on all accounts.
Too bad there won't be an MMA Hall of Fame.. if there was.. then sure Jens gets in
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Pulver is more anti-UFC than Congress is anti-USA. No way.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Tito in the HOF??? What has really done to earn that?? Won some fights.. and ducked Chuck..
tito did win the lhw title and defend it 5 times .. somthing chuck didn't even do ... in fact, i don't think anyone has ever done that .. hate him all you want .. heck i ain't even a fan, but he did hold the belt for a while ..
Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
tito did win the lhw title and defend it 5 times .. somthing chuck didn't even do ... in fact, i don't think anyone has ever done that .. hate him all you want .. heck i ain't even a fan, but he did hold the belt for a while ..

He does have more defenses than chuck.. but look at the caliber of competition...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Liddellfan

I voted NO even though I am a fan of Jens. He hasn't done enough in the UFC, he only won 6 fights and wasn't there all that long. He went from organization to organization fighting. That would be like putting Jose Aldo in the UFC HOF right now because he's the first FW champion.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Miss Foxy

There are 5 that voted no.. Please stand up. I know I am one who else?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
There are 5 that voted no.. Please stand up. I know I am one who else?
i am not voting, but i am taking a trip to chicago ..