Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Is a church blessed if it doesn't follow scripture? These are my interpretations of Scripture of what the a church should be doing and I dont think there are. Anyone can be a elder, non christian members, The church is divided in services and infant baptism. There is no church discipline.
I believe that a church that disregards the very Word of GOD cannot be blessed because even GOD holds His Word above His name.

Psalm 138 : 2
I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Can you quote the scriptures you derive these comments from?
Titus 1
6 An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer manages Godís household, he must be blamelessónot overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Waiting for June 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Is a church blessed if it doesn't follow scripture? These are my interpretations of Scripture of what the a church should be doing and I dont think there are. Anyone can be a elder, non christian members, The church is divided in services and infant baptism. There is no church discipline.
Mark, I had a tough time following your post, but do I understand you to say that you believe that since my church practices infant baptism, we aren't blessed by God? Not trying to , just trying to clarify & I know you'll give me a straight answer.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan