Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Whether you like it, agree with it, or accept it.....the 'n' word does have that kind of power in our society. Now it is up to us to accept that and deal with it or keep denying that it is real.

You can't take the stigma off of that word just because you think it shouldn't have it.
And the more the PC folks make a big deal about it... the longer it will be perceived to have some sort of "power"...

At some point in your life you were taught or just accepted as fact that some word... THAT word is so horrible we can't even speak it or write... we must abbreviate it because it's just that offensive.

Me personally.... I think that is ridiculous..... I have a friend John... he lives in Arizona... he won't type the word God.. he types G-d. He does that out of reverence.. (it might be a Jewish thing.. not sure). Something like that I could understand.

I asked before... and I'll ask again..... Why that word?? Why not some other swear word or racial slur?? It's THAT word because a small but very vocal segement of society decided that it's such a horrible word that nobody of another race can say it. Or type it. But they can.... somehow it became their word... they own it. They can say it, write it or rap it if they want to.

But because I'm white I can't??? Isn't that discrimination?? Nahhh.... not when it applies to Whitey!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I asked before... and I'll ask again..... Why that word?? Why not some other swear word or racial slur?? It's THAT word because a small but very vocal segement of society decided that it's such a horrible word that nobody of another race can say it. Or type it. But they can.... somehow it became their word... they own it. They can say it, write it or rap it if they want to.

But because I'm white I can't??? Isn't that discrimination?? Nahhh.... not when it applies to Whitey!!!
Why is it that word that you are so worried about? Why aren't you in here demanding to get to call the mentally challenged 'retards'? Why aren't you demanding to be allowed tocall gays a fag without them getting offended?

So, now that the word offends some people then you are saying that they give it the power? Maybe it is Whitey wanting to say it so bad that is giving it it's power.

You are trying to use intellect and logic in this argument. But you just can't ignore the emotional aspect in this case.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Why is it that word that you are so worried about?
I'm not the least bit worried about the word... that's the point. Its just another inappropriate slur to me... like all the others

Why aren't you in here demanding to get to call the mentally challenged 'retards'? Why aren't you demanding to be allowed tocall gays a fag without them getting offended?
Awesome try baiting me with the "gay" comment!! Bravo. But no takers this time I haven't demanded anything... I wouldn't direct that word at anyone anymore then I would any other slur... I just don't think it's so "special" we have to abbreviate it. You're actually the one who made this thread about a word

So, now that the word offends some people then you are saying that they give it the power? Maybe it is Whitey wanting to say it so bad that is giving it it's power.
We give words the power to offend you know that. That's why when you and I used to argue you would accuse me of taking things too personal. I would choose to be offended... It's a choice. You helped teach me that!!!

You are trying to use intellect and logic in this argument. But you just can't ignore the emotional aspect in this case.
I'm not ignoring it at all.... I'm just choosing not to yeild to it.
The blue stuff up there /\/\/\/\
Old 03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Talking

That it? Good. My points still trump yours.

We can move on now.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Chuck

Quote:
That it? Good. My points still trump yours.

We can move on now.
B-word please!!!!

Last edited by Chuck; 03-04-2009 at 04:54 PM.