Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Tito Ortiz: My last two fights against Forrest Griffin have been 'awesome' so let's p

Sounds to me like Tito wants an easier fight than Nogueira would have gave him...

Thoughts??

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/ne...newthread&f=10

Props: MMA Hour

Quoteworthy:

Quote:
"Hopefully in May or June. It's up to Dana and the UFC to let the fight happen. I know people want to see me fight again, so let's do a Forrest-Ortiz three. He's a former world champion, our last two fights have been awesome so let's just put on a three ... The last one I thought I won, but they gave it to him. So let's just make the third time better than the last two. I guess the fans will speak loudest, so let's make the fans make some noise ... I don't know why people [call me out]. They want to be famous? I guess me being as infamous as I am, these guys can get on me and the only way for them to be recognized is to fight a big name like me. I think it's cool. I think it's funny. Take your ticket and wait in line, and Forrest I'll give you the No. 1 ticket."
Well, you heard the man, make some damn noise already. Anyone out there clamoring for a conclusion to the "awesome" rivalry that is Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin? Both longtime UFC employees have held the light heavyweight belt -- and both are a long way from getting it back. Does that automatically qualify them for a rubber match? Griffin is the winner of two straight, including a split decision over "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" back in 2009 whereas Ortiz hasn't won a fight in nearly five years and recently pulled out of his March 26 headliner against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Who has the most to lose in this trilogy? Ortiz, Griffin -- or the fans?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Tito will get his *ssed kicked.. He annoys me I used to like that man, but he is trashy...He's so past his prime..
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

tito is still around? jeez .. but i did think he won both the fights with forrest ... the second fight was close and coulda gone either way .. forrest takes the third though again ..
Old 03-08-2011, 04:46 PM
CAVEMAN

Tito just needs to go away!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
County Mike

The problem with Tito is that you can't rely on him. How many fights has he pulled out of due to injury?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
The problem with Tito is that you can't rely on him. How many fights has he pulled out of to avoid injury?
Fixed
Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Sometimes where the allotted letters for a thread title end puts a whole new spin on things.

I don't know...there are so many great current or up-and-coming fighters that I'd much rather see. Tito is beginning to seem a little desperate and that's not a good way to end a career, IMO.

Last edited by flo; 03-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Sometimes where the allotted letters for a thread title end puts a whole new spin on things.

I don't know...there are so many great current or up-and-coming fights that I'd much rather see. Tito is beginning to seem a little desperate and that's not a good way to end a career, IMO.
who says he is close to the end of his career? he is just getting his second wind and is fighting injury and pain free for the first time in years .. if he can fight a former champ with a cracked skull and come close to winning, can you imagine how he could fight 100% ... watch out shogun, jon jones, rashad and rampage .. tito is BACK!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
who says he is close to the end of his career? he is just getting his second wind and is fighting injury and pain free for the first time in years .. if he can fight a former champ with a cracked skull and come close to winning, can you imagine how he could fight 100% ... watch out shogun, jon jones, rashad and rampage .. tito is BACK!!!!
If he could stay out of training in Big Bear, CA with all those lames that worship him! He needs to really work on his striking.. It's almost embarassing to watch him!! He don't as a fighter he is stuck back in his glory days.. Just like Jenna!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
he is stuck back in his glory days.. Just like Jenna!
Hey! Get off Jenna.

After all, I just did.

Zing!
-tm Crisco