Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 03-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Jens Wins Again

From Matt's Blog:

Quote:
I see my buddy Jens won again, he is now 2-0 for 2011. Jens is one of those guys that I grew up with and I trained with at Pat's gym. He's just someone that I always keep track of. He had a hard run of fights in the last couple of years, but I see he's getting started off on the right foot for 2011.

There really hasn't been much going on this week. I've had some interesting text-message conversations on my phone, but I can't give any details on those yet, so I'll explain more about them later. For now, here are a couple of emails that I thought were amusing enough to repost:

Quote:
Life Explained

On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed......

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God agreed......

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again......

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God. "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.
I had a whole bunch of posters like this one sent to me, here's one that I really liked and I'll have Nate post the rest in the forums:

Also, I've been informed that last month marked the 5-year anniversary that I've been doing the blog on my website. February 12th, 2006, to be exact, was the very first blog entry that I did. Those first couple years of entries are kept in an archive of the old site, if you want to read them, you can click on the link below (the oldest entries are on the very bottom):
http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog-archive.html

Here are the air times for this week's episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Dec. 27, 2010 through March 27, 2011
Tuesdays, 6:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM CST
Wednesdays, 8:00 am EST / 7:00 am CST
Saturdays, 8:00 pm EST / 7:00 pm CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
Show #11 “Babies and Bullets”
(Airs the week of March 7, 2011)
After the birth of her first child, Courtney Stolte, Director of TTHA's Hunters Extravaganzas, travels to south Texas with her husband and newborn to pursue her passion for whitetail hunting.
Here is the Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Neither is there salvation in any other: there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
-matt
Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Administrator

The rest of the gun posters are here:

Old 03-08-2011, 03:40 AM

Matt, glad to hear Jens on on the winning streak! Can't wait to hear what comes out of those texts. I hope if it's a fight it's Koschek

[
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 AM
hughesfan4life

hey matt!,loving the gun posters!!!..lol!!!.so good to hear jens won again!....can't wait to hear if your texts result in anything exciting?!.take care.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

WAR JENS!!! That is awesome!!

The posters are pretty funny too. I like the get off my lawn one ...

Seriously ..
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Yes Jens won again

He did break his foot though
Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Matt, glad to hear Jens on on the winning streak! Can't wait to hear what comes out of those texts. I hope if it's a fight it's Koschek
Koscheck won't be fighting for quite a while.
Not sure he'll ever fight again. They had to rebuild his face to hold his eyeball in place.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Koscheck won't be fighting for quite a while.
Not sure he'll ever fight again. They had to rebuild his face to hold his eyeball in place.
he said in one of the Dana blogs that it would be 8 months.

[
Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
County Mike

Kos called in to the Jason Ellis radio show. He said that his eyeball had fallen because his orbital bone was so badly broken. They had to rebuild his orbital bone out of some type of mesh. He was supposed to be 6 months with no real training. He can take walks and do a few sit ups. Hopefully his repaired face will be able to stand up to fighting and he will fight again but I'm guessing it could be a while.

I guess we'll see. I do hope he fights again. He seems like a jerk sometimes but I think that's mostly an act to hype fights. I'd hate to see anyone's career end like that.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Awesome blog, Matt, can't wait to hear what's coming down the pipe!

These are my favorites from the posters:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post