Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
County Mike

What's going on in here? The title didn't interest me but then I saw how many pages of replies it had so I stopped in.

Howdy?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
What's going on in here? The title didn't interest me but then I saw how many pages of replies it had so I stopped in.

Howdy?
Set-up: Since he has to wait for the Edgar/Maynard re-match, Pettis didn't wanna just sit around, so he decided to take a fight in the meantime against Clay Guida.

Original purpose of thread: Interview with Clay Guida in which he says that he'll beat Pettis, thus taking away his title shot.

De-railment of thread: Dave's upset that a Suckerpunch guy might lose his title shot & raised a fuss. Insists that Pettis should be getting the next title fight (as opposed to the rematch). Tries to prove this, through questionable logic, by saying that "a draw is technically a loss in a title fight".

That should catch you nicely.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

Howdy?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Set-up: Since he has to wait for the Edgar/Maynard re-match, Pettis didn't wanna just sit around, so he decided to take a fight in the meantime against Clay Guida.

Original purpose of thread: Interview with Clay Guida in which he says that he'll beat Pettis, thus taking away his title shot.

De-railment of thread: Dave's upset that a Suckerpunch guy might lose his title shot & raised a fuss. Insists that Pettis should be getting the next title fight (as opposed to the rematch). Tries to prove this, through questionable logic, by saying that "a draw is technically a loss in a title fight".

Yeah, I noticed Dave pissing and moaning about a draw being a loss. Thanks for the cliff notes. I doubt Clay will win, so title fight should still happen AFTER the more important rematch to settle the draw.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

You forgot to mention the typical Dana White attacks that come anytime a fighter Dave likes doesn't get what Dave wants. You realize of course this is all about politics and conspiracies right???

Maybe we should change the name to DFC? DUFC?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
1.I agree he did not win, in fact Ive never once said he won, I have said over and over there was no winner in that fight, and I am correct when I say that. Just because he did not win does not mean he lost, the fight was a draw.

2. No it does not equal a loss it equal's a draw. If it equaled a loss there would be a loss on Maynard's record, this is not the case though, Maynard has yet to lose a fight.

3. I never said it was not reflected on his record, if you read what I posted I stated, "A draw does not equate to a loss, if it did then it would be reflected that way in Maynards record, but its not". The fight between Maynard and Edgar is reflected as a draw on both of their records. Maynard's record is 10-0-1 (1NC) and Edgar's record is 13-1-1. Maynard does not have a loss there for he did not lose the fight with Edgar. In fact its even listed on the UFC website as a draw.

Its clear that Dana is a man of his word, he said that Pettis would get the winner of the fight and since there was no winner he had to make a rematch before giving Pettis his title shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Dave your wrong Maynard has beaten the champion... He is 1-0 with a draw vs the champion... He deserves another shot...

How old are you again? You present an intelligent argument, make sense, and not once have to insult the other person. It is refreshing to see people with some class and decency around here for a change.