Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2011, 05:15 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default 8-Year Old Wresting Phenom!

This kid is AMAZING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnsQ...ature=youtu.be
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

That kid's got 'tude!! I love his swagger - and his mohawk. He's a phenom all right, a future Matt Hughes.

Nice find.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,641
Default

Wow, he's got some moves!

He looked like a mini-Matt with those slams. I wonder what Matt would look like with a mohawk?

__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-05-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I wonder what Matt would look like with a mohawk?
I dunno, Bonnie...maybe it's cuter on 8-year olds...I'd do a photoshop and we could see?

Then again, I don't want to get in trouble with the management.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I dunno, Bonnie...maybe it's cuter on 8-year olds...I'd do a photoshop and we could see?

Then again, I don't want to get in trouble with the management.
I was just teasing, Flo; although, I guess you could always photoshop Mark.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looks like some solid Judo to me,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
although, I guess you could always photoshop Mark.

tee hee

Now THERE's an idea...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought it was a little sad to watch personally... but that's just me.

A lot of kids he was wrestling probably had little to no wrestling experience. I guess I don't see what's impressive about a little phenom who's obviously been well coached from a very early age thrashing little kids who are just learning the sport.

I would enjoy watching him in High School or college though. I'm sure he's got a very good future ahead of him.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Looks like some solid Judo to me,
That's what I thought! A few of throws throws looked like stuff I've seen in my Kids Judo class! He was very quick and very technical!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I thought it was a little sad to watch personally... but that's just me.

A lot of kids he was wrestling probably had little to no wrestling experience. I guess I don't see what's impressive about a little phenom who's obviously been well coached from a very early age thrashing little kids who are just learning the sport.

I would enjoy watching him in High School or college though. I'm sure he's got a very good future ahead of him.
Supposedly these are championship wrestling matches with other kids at similar experience levels; but it really is hard to come up with an objective opinion since it's clearly a highlight reel video designed to sell this kid as a phenom.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.