Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
DUDE!! You are now on my daily prayer list.
Is that all it took???

I have 14,15,17 & 18.....

Oi Vey!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Is that all it took???

I have 14,15,17 & 18.....

Oi Vey!!!!!!!!!
Your dad didnt tell you what caused that?!
DUDE!
Get a TV for your bedroom!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Saying that the blame for Sptisping's illegal knee belongs to Jorge because he shouldn't have made those videos is like saying that the blame for an abusive husband punching his victim belongs to the wife because she shouldn't have burned dinner.

Seriously, Spitsping claims to be a professional athlete: he should be able to control himself & know the difference between legal & illegal. He's either a cheater, or not a professional.
Who said that??????????????

I said that I don't think it was intentional - he thought Jorge was getting up on two feet and timed it wrong. Many fighters have landed illegal blows in error and the fight ensued after.

So a fighter who catches the fence is all at once either a cheat or unprofessional or when Spencer got warned for punching the spine - is he a cheater or unprofessional?

This makes no sense.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
exactly, look at anderson and chael .. chael said some crazy things, talked some mad smack and disrespected anderson and his coaches ... what did anderson do? slapped a triangle on him for his troubles ... that's how you shut up a smack talker ... kos talked smack about gsp and how he wouldn't stand with him ... i don't think he said personal stuff, but about his fighting ... what happened? well, kos still doesn't have any feeling in the right side of his face and still can't run cuz it messes with his balance ... LOL .. that's how you shut someone up ..
Chael hasn't shut up!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 PM

Chuck - as we are the british posters here when you said we are desperate for role models it did indicate we are holding him as a role model. Which is plain wrong.

But I aint gonna hate brother cos your cool!

I don't think it was intentional - he was timing it and as we know that can be a real fine line. With adrenaline, heat of battle, mind racing and the guy is in your clutches and you think the legs are coming up - well you deliver a knee.

It has happened before I just can't think of the example.

Now honestly do you think bisping saw that opportunity and thought, screw it who cares if its a DQ, I'll land a nasty knee - that will sort it.

And who wants to hear excuses but sometimes people may want to flesh out why they reacted in such a way.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Chuck - as we are the british posters here when you said we are desperate for role models it did indicate we are holding him as a role model. Which is plain wrong.

I don't think it was intentional - he was timing it and as we know that can be a real fine line. With adrenaline, heat of battle, mind racing and the guy is in your clutches and you think the legs are coming up - well you deliver a knee.

Now honestly do you think bisping saw that opportunity and thought, screw it who cares if its a DQ, I'll land a nasty knee - that will sort it.

And who wants to hear excuses but sometimes people may want to flesh out why they reacted in such a way.
I agree with you bro.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Your dad didnt tell you what caused that?!
DUDE!
Get a TV for your bedroom!!!
OK, quick story.... I was in my local grocery store shortly after we had our 3rd child my daughter Joelle. I was 25 with 3 kids so obviously I was a little on the young side. So anyway.. I'm talking to the checker about our new baby and this lady behind me hears me talking and says "How old are you?" with a bit of an attitude.. I replied that I was 25. She said "And you have THREE kids?" Again with the attitude.. I said yes. So she replies "What are you Mormon or Catholic???" "Neither" I replied... "We just have A LOT of sex"..... The checker turned about 3 shades of red and the lady who asked me the question gave a loud "Hurumph!!" and took her cart to another line.

Quote:

Hey brother... as you know you are my brother so I wasn't trying to disrespect you, Buc or any of the British people here.. I could have worded my post better. I was sincere though in my question because to me his actions were horrible. So I was being genuine when I wondered if maybe the ability to overlook what he did was in part because he was British and while you do have some talented fighters they certainly aren't the majority in the UFC. So perhaps because you don't have a ton to choose from it's easier to remain loyal to those you do. Which is completely understandable btw.. I was just wondering if that played a role into your perspective on the things that went down.

With that being said...........................

I absolutely think it was an intentional knee. I don't believe him for a second when he says he just timed it wrong. I think he timed it perfectly for what he was trying to do. His immediate reaction wasn't like a typical fighter who commits a foul. Think of how many times a fighter gets poked in the eye or struck in the groin accidentally. You don't often see the fighter who committed the foul celebrating or trashing the corner of the fighter they just committed the foul against.

Compare how the Wolfs Liar responded to the fight and how Chris Lytle handled his. I know they are very different incidents but consider the difference in how they were handled. Chris never once mentioned his injury or his surgery. Not even after the fight. He has too much respect for the sport and his opponent. He didn't want to take anything away from Brian's victory. Respect for the sport, his opponent and most of all himself. Now look at the WL's response. It was all about what kind of crap camp Jorge has and basically implying (my opinion only) that they deserved what they got. I just can't support that bro.

Anyway.. it's all good and you are WAY beyond cool!! Forums are all about exchanging thoughts, ideas and opinions and that's all I'm doing. I enjoy hearing yours and others and certainly don't mind when we differ. It's how we learn.

Have a great day brother!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
OK, quick story.... I was in my local grocery store shortly after we had our 3rd child my daughter Joelle. I was 25 with 3 kids so obviously I was a little on the young side. So anyway.. I'm talking to the checker about our new baby and this lady behind me hears me talking and says "How old are you?" with a bit of an attitude.. I replied that I was 25. She said "And you have THREE kids?" Again with the attitude.. I said yes. So she replies "What are you Mormon or Catholic???" "Neither" I replied... "We just have A LOT of sex"..... The checker turned about 3 shades of red and the lady who asked me the question gave a loud "Hurumph!!" and took her cart to another line.
Hey Chuck sorry I went crazy on you You are awesome and I really enjoy your posts and respect your thoughts.

I can relate a bit to you

I am 25 years old my oldest son is 9 my daughter is 6 and my GF is about 5 months pregnant with our third baby.

I remember when we where 15 and we had our baby. People would always whisper about us specially when we where at Wal-Mart or anywhere in public. Mostly older people They would always ask us if it was our little brother and would seem depressed or sad when they found it was actually our baby.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
They would always ask us if it was our little brother and would seem depressed or sad when they found it was actually our baby.
We got that sometimes too and it really frustrated us. I hate it when people pity us... it ticks me off.

I was 22 and my wife was 18 when we got married. We caught a lot of flack for how young we were. Looking back should we have waited?? Maybe... maybe not, it's hard to tell. But I can tell you one thing... we're approaching 20 years as a couple and that's longer than about 75% of the people who went to our wedding. The majority of them have all divorced and remarried at least once.

Oh and no worries bro... We're part of the Steeler Nation, nothing but love for ya!!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Chael hasn't shut up!
you are right .. his positive test and money laundering quieted him down for a bit ... but if he won that fight against anderson, i can't imagine what we would have heard out of that mouth ...