Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default No Longer Baby Jay

in my book....From now on.. the MMA fighter formerly known as Baby Jay... will now be known as Penn.. in my book.

I have always thought Penn was really good in the cage... but I never liked what he had to say in interviews and his "after fight" actions have always left me with a "whatever"..

But recentlyl. he has "matured" in my eyes... his actions after his win over Hughes at 123... His public face over the past two months.. bringing Matt down to train with him... and just as important.. his own words following the draw at 127...

No more "Baby Jay" for me... He is now Penn.. Not his biggest fan in the world... but definately not a hater anymore....

And I am sure he will sleep better tonight for my change of heart...
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Buc Nasty

Don't mean to sound like a hater, but what is the point of this thread?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
in my book....From now on.. the MMA fighter formerly known as Baby Jay... will now be known as Penn.. in my book.

I have always thought Penn was really good in the cage... but I never liked what he had to say in interviews and his "after fight" actions have always left me with a "whatever"..

But recentlyl. he has "matured" in my eyes... his actions after his win over Hughes at 123... His public face over the past two months.. bringing Matt down to train with him... and just as important.. his own words following the draw at 127...

No more "Baby Jay" for me... He is now Penn.. Not his biggest fan in the world... but definately not a hater anymore....

And I am sure he will sleep better tonight for my change of heart...
but that is what BJ stands for ... so calling him baby jay ain't a bad thing ... i am sure his mom still calls him that ...
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

For me.. I have always called him Baby Jay... I meant it as a "put down".. referring to him being like a child when he loses.. and just as immature when he wins... It's similiar to me always referring to Anderson Silva as "Andy".. or always calling Kevin Ferguson by his given name...rather than "that lame sounding streete name"... just my own little insult...

"Baby Jay", "Excuse Machine", "Whiner", whatever.. I have actually received a few PMs over the years..."Why the hate?"...

So I just decided to be as public with my new found respect... as I have been in my insults to Penn as a person... Or maybe I am wanting to suck up to Miss Foxy!!!

To me the way you address a person shows the amount of respect you have for them.. Matt Hughes.. will always be "Da Man".. or Matt... he has earned that.. just like Chuck, Randy, Rich and a bunch of others..

But Penn.. I have always put down... punching a cop.. quitting on the stool... running from Matt..whiner, crybaby... bringing his Mom to the NSAC hearing to testify... so from now on.. he is Penn..
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
For me.. I have always called him Baby Jay... I meant it as a "put down".. referring to him being like a child when he loses.. and just as immature when he wins... It's similiar to me always referring to Anderson Silva as "Andy".. or always calling Kevin Ferguson by his given name...rather than "that lame sounding streete name"... just my own little insult...

"Baby Jay", "Excuse Machine", "Whiner", whatever.. I have actually received a few PMs over the years..."Why the hate?"...

So I just decided to be as public with my new found respect... as I have been in my insults to Penn as a person... Or maybe I am wanting to suck up to Miss Foxy!!!

To me the way you address a person shows the amount of respect you have for them.. Matt Hughes.. will always be "Da Man".. or Matt... he has earned that.. just like Chuck, Randy, Rich and a bunch of others..

But Penn.. I have always put down... punching a cop.. quitting on the stool... running from Matt..whiner, crybaby... bringing his Mom to the NSAC hearing to testify... so from now on.. he is Penn..
Thank ya, thank ya very much....
Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

[
Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Miss Foxy

His Ohana (family) calls him Baby Jay.. lol. But I see what you mean you were saying it to be a smart *ss.. Cool. Welcome to the other side.. Well kind of..
Old 03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
suntereo

it's been cool to see the maturing. Matt is the reason that I got back into mma along with the modern rules and weight classes but I'm from the same Island as Bj. Our schools were bitter rivals but he is still a local boy so it's been a conflict that is now resolved both by Bj's maturing and the fact that the rivalry with Matt appears to be ove.

win win for me too.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Don't mean to sound like a hater, but what is the point of this thread?
Lovin' the siggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
tee hee