Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
This is one of those fights where I honestly dont know who would win. I like both Fighters but since GSP would be the underdog I guess I Think it would be more impressive if he wins.
Me, too. I would be very impressed!

I throw questions into the neverending debates on GSP around here but I try not to actually diss him. lol. I would be forced to give him credit if he beats A Silva.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Me, too. I would be very impressed!

I throw questions into the neverending debates on GSP around here but I try not to actually diss him. lol. I would be forced to give him credit if he beats A Silva.
I give GSP credit for what he has done. No one can deny that he is great. I just think he is boring to watch now that he is afraid of being hit.

I stand by what I said earlier. if he shows up, he has a chance. if he wants to grind out a win, i dont think so.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I feel like Anderson will have to come forward more, because we all know that GSP aint gonna.
Well thatís interesting, because I donít think AS will. When an opponent wonít move forward, AS tends to clown around to goad his opponent to move forward, and against Maia it got him hit a couple of times. GSP might hang back deliberately and be ready to capitalize on it.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
GSP is easily one of the best P4P fighters in the world and arguably the best. I think it's ridiculous to say Anderson would destroy him. Beat him? Sure. But fighters at GSP's level don't get destroyed. IMO.
Short of a Hail Mary Serra punch, I agree.

I've said it before, I personally think GSP has the more well rounded skills. However, the difference in skill level is marginal at best. The size difference though, is significant. Four inches in height, close to 30 pounds in natural walking around weight, several inches in reach...it's just a lot to overcome! I think GSP could beat 95% of the middleweights out there, 9 times out of 10...but Silva is a different beast. And for those that say Silva isn't as strong as GSP just because they've seen clips of GPS doing chin-ups with 90 pounds strapped to him, and haven't seen AS training with weights, just remember how he threw Rich Franklin around like a rag doll in their fights, and we all know Rich is a beast at 185!

I'd be pulling for GSP all the way in the fight, but I'd be on the edge of my seat the entire freakin' time.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Well thatís interesting, because I donít think AS will. When an opponent wonít move forward, AS tends to clown around to goad his opponent to move forward, and against Maia it got him hit a couple of times. GSP might hang back deliberately and be ready to capitalize on it.
Thats what I'm saying, AS will have to come forward. That will be a change for him. As bad as we want to see this fight, in order for it to be interesting, one will have to change something.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Miss Foxy

I agree that AS will have to be the attacker of this match. Gsp already taking a year to gain weight is gonna be extremely cautious in this fight....Georgey boy knows that at any moment the Spider will strike (or kick )
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I am really shocked..

I really REALLY do not like Andy... though his on screen attitude has gotten better...

I do like GSP...

but GSP has 1% chance of winning that fight..

Andy's head movement.. against people with a much better reach..
Andy's striking is HEAD and SHOULDERS above GSPs
Andy is bigger.. longer reach... longer legs.... and such..

Andy's reach is better than GSPs in more than just arm length... him leaning slightly forward...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I am really shocked..

I really REALLY do not like Andy... though his on screen attitude has gotten better...

I do like GSP...

but GSP has 1% chance of winning that fight..

Andy's head movement.. against people with a much better reach..
Andy's striking is HEAD and SHOULDERS above GSPs
Andy is bigger.. longer reach... longer legs.... and such..

Andy's reach is better than GSPs in more than just arm length... him leaning slightly forward...
i think GSP has a very good chance of winning..

first off while Anderson is very accurate with his striking GSP is much faster with his.

secondly i think GSP is much smarter then Anderson and much better at implementing and sticking to a game plan.

Anderson is a counter puncher...we all know that...so i'm sure GSP knows that as well.
does he have a game plan in place to deal with Anderson ?
not yet maybe but dont ever kid yourself...he will before he ever gets into the octagon with him.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Thats what I'm saying, AS will have to come forward.
I canít think of a fight where he ever has. Anderson is a genius at taunting his opponents into attacking, and brilliant at making them pay for it, but I just donít think GSP is going to fall for it.

GSP feels no shame at all in just circling and jabbing all night, and as he continues to float and peck and look at him with that Canadian face of his, Anderson will gradually loose it. He will already feel that he is the superior fighter and will expect George to be timid, but after a while will see it as disrespect.

Silva will become a little too confident, clown a little too much, leave his face a little too far forward, and GSP will clock him. At that point it will be a matter of whether AS can recover faster than Pierre can capitalize.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
CAVEMAN

2 ways I see this fight going. Scenario 1: Anderson is a counter striker, but GSP is very quick at getting in the pocket doing damage and getting back out. I believe that could cause AS some problems and may even frustrate him. And as the fight wears on, GSP will secure takedowns and out wrestle him on the ground. And yes I know that Anderson has great BJJ, but GSP's wrestling will neutralize that. GSP gets his hand raised.

If Anderson not only pushes the action, but comes HARD at GSP, I believe Anderson can get a KO. GSP does not do well when he's stalked.