Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
My how this forums view of BJ has changed...
It makes me sick. Matt trains with him once and now everyone is converted to the BJ Nuthuggery!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Miss Foxy

I havent even read this entire thread yet, but I will post my thoughts.
BJ rounds 1 and 2.. Fitch round 3.. For him pounding BJ it wasn't even bad if you ask me. I have nothing else to say..Those takedowns were so awesome that Bj performed..

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 02-28-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
It makes me sick. Matt trains with him once and now everyone is converted to the BJ Nuthuggery!!
I think it has more to do with BJ's evolution as a person. Matt training with him of course doesn't hurt things when you're dealing with Matt Hughes' fans.

[
Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
those numbers seem high, but these are usually pretty accurate.

What do they consider a sub attempt? I remember BJ having a triangle attmpt too...

[
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I don't think it's nuthuggery, but when your champ trains with someone and was treated with the utmost respect you kinda wanna like the fella!! Of course I was a Penn fan, but that's just my opinion. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean others can't judge his fight without hating goggles on..
Old 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think it has more to do with BJ's evolution as a person. Matt training with him of course doesn't hurt things when you're dealing with Matt Hughes' fans.
i still think it was a draw, but in no way think bj won that fight ... and i agree with you on the evolution of BJ ... since when would BJ admit defeat in the octagon? in the press conference he stated that he wasn't ready for a title shot unless he could beat fitch ... so yeah he is changing .. beats the old whiny and annoying penn who complained of everything .. "oh, they made me look like a spoiled brat on the countdown show" and the "to the death" stuff, calling GSP a quitter and then quitting himself ...
Old 02-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
fights aren't scored on damage if so it woulda been 10-8 bj 10-10 draw 10-9 fitch or they'd be scoring it today by seeing whose face is more swollen

even then i'd think bj won cause a broken nose is way worse than getting slapped around in guard for one round

there's no "easy" to it, when you say that you lose credibility

you can't really say fitch beat the crap out of bj AND say fitch smothers.... fitch smothered and bj was never really in trouble.... fitch was in trouble in both first roundsbj shoulda practiced some rnc's on matt
Exactly I was getting riled up, because when we were watching the fights and even people texting me they kept saying " sorry about your boy Penn." I was getting so pissed, because he didn't suffer too much damage..
Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
My how this forums view of BJ has changed...
Quote:
Oh the drama!

Who on here has really changed their view? Adamt doesn't count because he had a deal with Foxy before we knew Matt was training with BJ.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Miss Foxy

Dana Whites scorecard!!

"I didn't think it was a draw. I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch]... Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There's no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round."

UFC president Dana White tells ESPN.COM that he believes BJ Penn won last Saturday's main event against Jon Fitch that was ruled a draw after 3 rounds of contested action. Unfortunately for Penn fans, White's opinion cannot reverse or change history but as many have said, the fight was very close and the deciding frame of action was the third that saw two ringside judges score the contested round a 10-8 in favor of Fitch.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dana Whites scorecard!!

"I didn't think it was a draw. I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch]... Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There's no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round."

UFC president Dana White tells ESPN.COM that he believes BJ Penn won last Saturday's main event against Jon Fitch that was ruled a draw after 3 rounds of contested action. Unfortunately for Penn fans, White's opinion cannot reverse or change history but as many have said, the fight was very close and the deciding frame of action was the third that saw two ringside judges score the contested round a 10-8 in favor of Fitch.