Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

BTW Brash in my books is not a negative term. If it were than I am one of the most brash people around
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
girls maybe but thats because their brains are tied to their beauty. My wife is German, I doubt I could handle an Italian. One in the house is already to much Donna Marie and I bump heads all the time and this is the internet
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I have to agree.. with the way Baby Jay has been acting in interviews.. bringing Matt down in style.. and such... I have been warming to him lately.. I have always like Fitch.. so I think I am still pulling for him.. but Penn has a real good chance of taking this one. I think Penn just needs to stay at LW and work his way back to a title shot. Bouncing back and forth in weight classes gets on my nerves.
if anyone can do it, it's BJ .. he is neither a natural LW or WW, he is more of a natural 165 er ish .. so he can comfortably go up and down with out many issues .. the problem (not so much in this fight as fitch is now vegan) is that most ww's cut from high weights making BJ smallish in the weight class ... they should make another class call it BJ Penn .. 165
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:22 AM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
what gameplan do oyu see him using that will get a Fitch W?
The same gameplan that has brought Fitch a 13-1 record at WW in the UFC, while BJ sits at 2-3 maybe? Fitch may not be exciting, but one thing he knows about is winning in his natural weight class.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if anyone can do it, it's BJ .. he is neither a natural LW or WW, he is more of a natural 165 er ish .. so he can comfortably go up and down with out many issues .. the problem (not so much in this fight as fitch is now vegan) is that most ww's cut from high weights making BJ smallish in the weight class ... they should make another class call it BJ Penn .. 165
He quits on the stool again.. trust me.. they will create another class for him..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
The same gameplan that has brought Fitch a 13-1 record at WW in the UFC, while BJ sits at 2-3 maybe? Fitch may not be exciting, but one thing he knows about is winning in his natural weight class.
his losses are to Matt and GSP come on now. Fitch can't lay and pray BJ he will get submitted if he does that.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
suntereo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
One thing that really floored me about Penn .. is his fans...

When I went to UFC 123.. in Detroit.. not to terribly far from Hughes' territory..

When Matt came out for the fight.. it was met with HUGE applause.. cheers and such.. but when Penn came out... it was almost deafening..

I just didn't see that area being so deep with Penn fans. It was cool to meet a lot of Canadians that came down for the fights.. and most of them were Hughes fans..
I'm from Hawaii and you would be amazed at how many people plan their vacations around his fights... especially the ones in vegas.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
his losses are to Matt and GSP come on now. Fitch can't lay and pray BJ he will get submitted if he does that.
Come to think of it, his two wins are also against Matt...so in reality he's only ever fought the 2 best welterweights in the UFC, so it's tough to judge how good he really might be at that weight against mere mortals. All that aside though, for all his vaunted BJJ skills, has he ever submitted anyone from his back in an MMA fight? I can't recall it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Come to think of it, his two wins are also against Matt...so in reality he's only ever fought the 2 best welterweights in the UFC, so it's tough to judge how good he really might be at that weight against mere mortals. All that aside though, for all his vaunted BJJ skills, has he ever submitted anyone from his back in an MMA fight? I can't recall it.
good point not sure he has. But BJ is wormy and Fitch just aint gonna be the beast he typically is.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Matt Serra him, his opinions, and anything remotely associated with him are irrelevant..He don't make any sense ever and lost to both my main men!! His only contribution was knocking out greaser, but that's where it ends..
INDEED
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.