Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Chris F

BTW Brash in my books is not a negative term. If it were than I am one of the most brash people around
Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
girls maybe but thats because their brains are tied to their beauty. My wife is German, I doubt I could handle an Italian. One in the house is already to much Donna Marie and I bump heads all the time and this is the internet
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I have to agree.. with the way Baby Jay has been acting in interviews.. bringing Matt down in style.. and such... I have been warming to him lately.. I have always like Fitch.. so I think I am still pulling for him.. but Penn has a real good chance of taking this one. I think Penn just needs to stay at LW and work his way back to a title shot. Bouncing back and forth in weight classes gets on my nerves.
if anyone can do it, it's BJ .. he is neither a natural LW or WW, he is more of a natural 165 er ish .. so he can comfortably go up and down with out many issues .. the problem (not so much in this fight as fitch is now vegan) is that most ww's cut from high weights making BJ smallish in the weight class ... they should make another class call it BJ Penn .. 165
Old 02-26-2011, 01:22 AM
wavetar

Quote:
what gameplan do oyu see him using that will get a Fitch W?
The same gameplan that has brought Fitch a 13-1 record at WW in the UFC, while BJ sits at 2-3 maybe? Fitch may not be exciting, but one thing he knows about is winning in his natural weight class.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if anyone can do it, it's BJ .. he is neither a natural LW or WW, he is more of a natural 165 er ish .. so he can comfortably go up and down with out many issues .. the problem (not so much in this fight as fitch is now vegan) is that most ww's cut from high weights making BJ smallish in the weight class ... they should make another class call it BJ Penn .. 165
He quits on the stool again.. trust me.. they will create another class for him..
Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
The same gameplan that has brought Fitch a 13-1 record at WW in the UFC, while BJ sits at 2-3 maybe? Fitch may not be exciting, but one thing he knows about is winning in his natural weight class.
his losses are to Matt and GSP come on now. Fitch can't lay and pray BJ he will get submitted if he does that.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
One thing that really floored me about Penn .. is his fans...

When I went to UFC 123.. in Detroit.. not to terribly far from Hughes' territory..

When Matt came out for the fight.. it was met with HUGE applause.. cheers and such.. but when Penn came out... it was almost deafening..

I just didn't see that area being so deep with Penn fans. It was cool to meet a lot of Canadians that came down for the fights.. and most of them were Hughes fans..
I'm from Hawaii and you would be amazed at how many people plan their vacations around his fights... especially the ones in vegas.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
wavetar

Quote:
his losses are to Matt and GSP come on now. Fitch can't lay and pray BJ he will get submitted if he does that.
Come to think of it, his two wins are also against Matt...so in reality he's only ever fought the 2 best welterweights in the UFC, so it's tough to judge how good he really might be at that weight against mere mortals. All that aside though, for all his vaunted BJJ skills, has he ever submitted anyone from his back in an MMA fight? I can't recall it.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Come to think of it, his two wins are also against Matt...so in reality he's only ever fought the 2 best welterweights in the UFC, so it's tough to judge how good he really might be at that weight against mere mortals. All that aside though, for all his vaunted BJJ skills, has he ever submitted anyone from his back in an MMA fight? I can't recall it.
good point not sure he has. But BJ is wormy and Fitch just aint gonna be the beast he typically is.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Matt Serra him, his opinions, and anything remotely associated with him are irrelevant..He don't make any sense ever and lost to both my main men!! His only contribution was knocking out greaser, but that's where it ends..
INDEED