Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
You knew exactly where you were going.

Don't really understand why your going out of your way to smear someone like Pastor Chuck it's kind of disturbing.
yeah i guess maybe i did know what i was doing....

but you can't change the fact that he predicted the rapture and advised abortion, i don't think he is really someone you should idolize, if i were you i would really reconsider who i blindly defended and followed


how is acknowledging facts "smear"ing him? Don't you think everyone should be aware of a pastor's actions? If I asked everyone what they thought about faith healers and then "revealed" that benny hinn is a faith healer, would i be smearing benny hinn?

i'm sure chuck smith is a nice guy and i am sure he is even a believer, i am not sure however that he should be a pastor or listened to or looked up to, i mean look at how you take his word as gospel and defend him to no end, and also note that i am not calling him out as a christian or as a nice guy, but as a pastor, and when you are in a position of leadership i think you ought to be held to a different and higher standard

I could care less if you come on here and state something, you aren't claiming to be a pastor, neither am i for that matter, but someone who claims to be appointed by God to deliver His Word ought to be held accountable for his or her actions, i mean if you get on the radio and solicit people to call so you can give them Godly counsel it seems to me that you should be above reproach, and going very adamantly on the record as to say when the rapture will occur does not seem to be above reproach

I suppose it was a little underhanded for me to "reveal" him as a false prophet only after you unknowingly condemned him but i am pretty sure there are alot worse things that have happened on the internet

isn't that what nathan did to david with the little lamb story.... so i don't think i exactly sinned here
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
yeah i guess maybe i did know what i was doing....

but you can't change the fact that he predicted the rapture and advised abortion, i don't think he is really someone you should idolize, if i were you i would really reconsider who i blindly defended and followed


how is acknowledging facts "smear"ing him? Don't you think everyone should be aware of a pastor's actions? If I asked everyone what they thought about faith healers and then "revealed" that benny hinn is a faith healer, would i be smearing benny hinn?

i'm sure chuck smith is a nice guy and i am sure he is even a believer, i am not sure however that he should be a pastor or listened to or looked up to, i mean look at how you take his word as gospel and defend him to no end, and also note that i am not calling him out as a christian or as a nice guy, but as a pastor, and when you are in a position of leadership i think you ought to be held to a different and higher standard

I could care less if you come on here and state something, you aren't claiming to be a pastor, neither am i for that matter, but someone who claims to be appointed by God to deliver His Word ought to be held accountable for his or her actions, i mean if you get on the radio and solicit people to call so you can give them Godly counsel it seems to me that you should be above reproach, and going very adamantly on the record as to say when the rapture will occur does not seem to be above reproach

I suppose it was a little underhanded for me to "reveal" him as a false prophet only after you unknowingly condemned him but i am pretty sure there are alot worse things that have happened on the internet

isn't that what nathan did to david with the little lamb story.... so i don't think i exactly sinned here
again it happened thirty years ago.


I have no unknowingly condemned him. I disagreed with him predicting the rapture. I DO agree with his stance on that particular abortion.

I know you can't resist the urge to simply say Chuck Smith endorses baby murder but look at the facts there chief.

This was a very specific event and whether you agree with it or not is without consequence. There is scripture for both arguments.

He is AGAINST abortion.

Please stop running around stating half statements trying to paint the man with •••• covered paint brush because you would rather endanger your wife for a lost cause then do the intelligent thing and take the helicopter God put to pull you off the roof.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
yeah i guess maybe i did know what i was doing....

but you can't change the fact that he predicted the rapture and advised abortion, i don't think he is really someone you should idolize, if i were you i would really reconsider who i blindly defended and followed


how is acknowledging facts "smear"ing him? Don't you think everyone should be aware of a pastor's actions? If I asked everyone what they thought about faith healers and then "revealed" that benny hinn is a faith healer, would i be smearing benny hinn?

i'm sure chuck smith is a nice guy and i am sure he is even a believer, i am not sure however that he should be a pastor or listened to or looked up to, i mean look at how you take his word as gospel and defend him to no end, and also note that i am not calling him out as a christian or as a nice guy, but as a pastor, and when you are in a position of leadership i think you ought to be held to a different and higher standard

I could care less if you come on here and state something, you aren't claiming to be a pastor, neither am i for that matter, but someone who claims to be appointed by God to deliver His Word ought to be held accountable for his or her actions, i mean if you get on the radio and solicit people to call so you can give them Godly counsel it seems to me that you should be above reproach, and going very adamantly on the record as to say when the rapture will occur does not seem to be above reproach

I suppose it was a little underhanded for me to "reveal" him as a false prophet only after you unknowingly condemned him but i am pretty sure there are alot worse things that have happened on the internet

isn't that what nathan did to david with the little lamb story.... so i don't think i exactly sinned here
And one more thing have you ever even listened to a sermon from him?


Have you taken the time to hear or read anything he has written aside from what you have pre-conceived notions about?

I know you found a topic to white knight about but pick your battles. Go after Lady Gaga or something not a pastor who encouraged a young woman who was struggling with her life and salvation all at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i hope it is not for a while .. i was really banking on recanting all my sins on my death bed and asking for forgiveness
Don't be a fool.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Seems more like dogma then scripture that idea...

If you think about it everyone minus those saved by Christ is born with the burden of incredible sin on us. Satan has a hold in every part of our life...

The theory is basically describing any one of us at face value...

I'm thinking since Satan doesn't know when the day or hour will be he always needs certain individuals on stand by. That makes more sense. Satan is playing the same guessing game we are he just has a greater role to play in it then we do.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your answer though how do you feel about my theory?
Your theory is definitely plausible. If you get a chance, read through Daniel chapters 8 & 9. Bible scholars believe these chapters touch on the nationality of the anti-christ. Although most argue about whether he will be Roman, Italian, Jewish, Assyrian, or Greek.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Your theory is definitely plausible. If you get a chance, read through Daniel chapters 8 & 9. Bible scholars believe these chapters touch on the nationality of the anti-christ. Although most argue about whether he will be Roman, Italian, Jewish, Assyrian, or Greek.
Thank I'll check that out this evening.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've never heard a pastor give a date or even a year, but I have heard a lot of "It's coming soon". Personally, that seems like they're trying to scare people into some type of action.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I've never heard a pastor give a date or even a year, but I have heard a lot of "It's coming soon". Personally, that seems like they're trying to scare people into some type of action.
That is what the bible says Mike. It says be ready because it will happen like a theif in the night and if you are not ready you will get robbed. Or when the groom comes and you are fubling round looking for oil for your lamp you will miss the wedding. Not scare tactics just plain common everyday bible truths. What is false is when they say the exact time. Like in the 80's some wrote a book I think it was called 88 reason why Jesus will come back in 1988. The same guy wrote a revise later The book sold 300,000 copies the year it came out. His revise was not so well received. Jesus taught we can know the season and that like Noah we will have some ready time, but to make a bold prediction on the date is false teaching
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I've never heard a pastor give a date or even a year, but I have heard a lot of "It's coming soon". Personally, that seems like they're trying to scare people into some type of action.
People should be scared. It's for their own good.

The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding. Proverbs 3:10

This is no joke. You are not respected by God. He owes you zilch. You owe Him everything. People do not understand what they are up against because they are willfully ignorant.

Read the red part of my signature and remember that always.

As far as pastors saying "He's coming soon"...they're right.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 AM
cheachea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just realized adamt is a baiting Troll. Why is it that people who don't do anything for the Lord and sit on their lazy butts all day on the computer want to rip apart people who "Actually Do Ministry Work" and have been for more than 30 years. Next thing you know he will rip on Billy Graham just like all the other "Self Ordained" "Internet" Troll Preachers have.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.