Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
You knew exactly where you were going.

Don't really understand why your going out of your way to smear someone like Pastor Chuck it's kind of disturbing.
yeah i guess maybe i did know what i was doing....

but you can't change the fact that he predicted the rapture and advised abortion, i don't think he is really someone you should idolize, if i were you i would really reconsider who i blindly defended and followed

how is acknowledging facts "smear"ing him? Don't you think everyone should be aware of a pastor's actions? If I asked everyone what they thought about faith healers and then "revealed" that benny hinn is a faith healer, would i be smearing benny hinn?

i'm sure chuck smith is a nice guy and i am sure he is even a believer, i am not sure however that he should be a pastor or listened to or looked up to, i mean look at how you take his word as gospel and defend him to no end, and also note that i am not calling him out as a christian or as a nice guy, but as a pastor, and when you are in a position of leadership i think you ought to be held to a different and higher standard

I could care less if you come on here and state something, you aren't claiming to be a pastor, neither am i for that matter, but someone who claims to be appointed by God to deliver His Word ought to be held accountable for his or her actions, i mean if you get on the radio and solicit people to call so you can give them Godly counsel it seems to me that you should be above reproach, and going very adamantly on the record as to say when the rapture will occur does not seem to be above reproach

I suppose it was a little underhanded for me to "reveal" him as a false prophet only after you unknowingly condemned him but i am pretty sure there are alot worse things that have happened on the internet

isn't that what nathan did to david with the little lamb story.... so i don't think i exactly sinned here